Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sanford Lake


Since Casey always has to work over 4th of July, we were thrilled when my boss decided to close the office for an extra day on Monday! So we packed up the kids and headed to Sanford Lake. Love it!

So here are some pics from yesterday...


When you have five young children, it is vital that you do your activities as early in the morning as possible. You know, while everybody is still bright-eyed and bushy tailed. When we got to the beach the only other person around was an extremely tan/burnt woman laying in her lawn chair. I generally admire a nice golden tan, but sometimes you just need to know when to say when. I wanted to take her picture, but didn't know if she'd appreciate that. Yeah, so I blogged about her instead.






Guess who had green poop today.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i saw the lady...she was disgusting.

Monica

Jenny said...

I just love it when you're (almost) the only person on the beach. Looks like the reports I've been hearing about Sanford Lake's improvements are correct. That splash park looks pretty nice!

Liz K said...

what a fun looking day! It's great to have Dad home! And what a fun looking place! Is that in Saginaw? 'Cause you know, that's only 2 hours from here, a good day trip...

chris k said...

You should have taken the picture and posted it as a don't. Can I make a guess that Tommy had the green poop. Do I win a prize for knowing that little boys love blue moon ice cream and what is left behind, get it behind, the next day?

Kara said...

Monica! I knew you're keen eye would spot her.

Jenny- I can't believe you haven't taken Aaron there! It really is nice.

Liz the sprinklers are right there next to Sanford Lake, kinda west of Midland. Perfect for the little ones.

Chris- I've thought about posting a picture of animal poop and having people try to identify what animal it came from, but never would I do that with human poop. I figured you saw enough of that in the nursery.
Sorry there is no prize for you, I know that you already know everything about boys!

Laurie said...

Hmm, looks like I need to plan a day trip with Addie there.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

looks like fun !
they have a nice one in downtown midland if you ever venture that way :)
its even fenced in , wahoooo

Jackie said...

I have never been to Sanford lake - I think I need to! Looks liek fun!

TraceyLD said...

This was the place I thought would be a great MOPS outing.
I think I may plan a trip with some of my girls school mates. I'll let you know if that happens in case someone else would like to join us.