Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Adam's 7th Birthday (a week late)


My firstborn son turned 7 recently. He loves stones and bugs. I even found a piece of broken glass in his pocket the other day. Glad he didn't fall on that wrong.
Grandma Maude and Laurie each bought him a set with stones/minerals. He was thrilled to say the least.


Adam is pretty easy to please. I got him this plastic piggy bank- he's in love with it. Unfortunately when you take the money out of it 54 times a day the plug thingy on the bottom will most likely break. Which it did. Now the money won't stay in. I guess it was the thought that counts.


He specifically asked for chocolate cake with white frosting and his name written in blue. I can handle that.


We're all ready for cake!


Burning off the cake and ice cream


My parents came later in the afternoon and took Adam shopping. He bought a bubble gun and some artsy thing with markers.

3 comments:

Liz K said...

what a fun day! And love the simple requests!

Pam said...

Little James had to make the picture bigger so he could see Adam's rocks. of course he wants some too. :)
Adam, was your cake as yummy as it looks? I think I'm going to have to bake a cake soon. Yummy!
oh and I LOVE the pic of Anna on the tractor. What a sweetie pie.

The Johnston's said...

Sorry we couldn't be there.