Thursday, May 6, 2010

Flowers


How we love when it's nap time for Anna. That means that we can play out front on the sidewalk. Anna has an affinity for the street and I'm not moving very fast these days.




My neighbor covets my purple tulips. I give her the stuff from my garden that I'm not happy with and she gives it a happy home across the street. So nice. But she gets no purple tulips.


Amanda, isn't this a cute little daffodil??? I hope it multiplies rapidly, I'd love to share.


I love my bleeding heart! The white one is new, I got it last year on clearance from Bluestone Perennials out of Ohio. If Casey ever died after the kids are grown I would like to go work there. It's always nice to have a plan.


And here are the 2 goofballs with their new haircuts.

10 comments:

Pam said...

Your goofballs look so handsome!

Your flowers are beautiful! As always. I garden vicariously through you and my mom. :)

the johnson crew said...

your flowers are beautiful. makes me miss our minneapolis house.

your kids are beautiful too.

blessings.

Jenny said...

Kara, gorgeous flowers! And I am laughing hard at your comment. "It's nice to have a plan"

Ahh, summer haircuts. I almost hope we have all boys. BUZZZZZZZZZZZ!

(How would I fit hair-fixing into my life when I barely do my own? LOL.)

Kara said...

Oh Pam! Think of all the room you will have to garden at your new place if you want!

Janelle, thank you. Your house in Minneapolis reminded me of our first house. And even though I was happy to leave it there are still things I miss about it. I need to pop over to your blog and catch up!!

Jenny, I bet you have "a plan", too. :)
Aren't the clippers great??? I asked Rachel if she wanted her hair done next and she just looked at me rather horrified. Maybe next time.

Amanda said...

handsome boys! Yes the daff is reaaalll puuuurrrdy! Let the picture taking of flowers and posting them BEGIN!

love janelles profile pic!

the johnson crew said...

thanks amanda... i can't get onto your blog, did you go private now?

Laura Wells said...

OOOOOO. Pretty . I love bleeding hears. I ordered one from Bluestone this spring, but alas, it was backordered until the fall. For now, I will admire yours.

amber said...

I was showing the kids your pics, and Reese said, "Those flowers are beautiful!" Thought you might appreciate her admiration!

Kara said...

Laura, that's a bummer about the bleeding heart. I will watch for any great local deals for you.

Amber- you tell Reese Thank you! She can come sniff them anytime.

Jackie said...

I haven't checked your blog in so long. Awesome flowers. I have green-thumb envy!