Thursday, June 24, 2010

The New and Improved Adam



My first child to need glasses. He has struggled all year with his reading. He sits 2 inches from the tv. Did I put 2 and 2 together? No. Not until a note came home from school saying he didn't pass the vision test that the Health Dept. administered. Oh boy. Well, he has been very excited about the new glasses. He just got them today and has worn them most of the day. He couldn't wait to clean them tonight because they came with a nifty spray bottle and microfiber cloth.

And yes, they were out catching bugs this evening, nothing gets past him now.

8 comments:

Liz K said...

Oh, the wonders of glasses! I remember when I got my first pair in 3rd grade...I could SEE! Everything! The branches on the trees, everything! It was amazing!

Pam said...

He really looks cute in them.
I remember when James got his glasses. I felt so bad because he was pointing out things that should have been obvious to him, but he had never seen them before.

Betsy said...

Fantastic! He looks so handsome in his glasses!
I remember when Aaron got his and he said "the world is so colorful."

Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Irene said...

this is exciting for him and us. He really cream me in crazy eights now...
oooo look pictures of flowers below!!!

Jackie said...

They look really good on him.

Laurie said...

He's SO cute! Thanks for posting. :)Has he been finding lots of treasures?

krissy said...

I'm sure his teeth were very clean when he failed the eye test at school. :-)
My mom missed out on my need for glasses too. I'm not traumatized and it really only made it more amazing when I finally got glasses!