Friday, June 11, 2010

School's out- let summer begin!


We always love the first flush of roses to pop out. The rose bushes were here when we moved in- yay for me! We removed the ones that were sub-par performers. Adam is always on aphid alert, he has an eye for these things.


This peachy one is my favorite!

Not everything is going so well in the garden. This was my new perennial. The evil little rabbit that hangs out in my flowers has devoured it. I was surprised because they don't have an interest in the other coreopsis (like the yellow one at the top of my blog). Oh well. My spray bottle broke so I haven't been able to coat it with something nasty. You just wait, you little scum sucker. Casey loves to get the paint ball gun out at my beck and call.

Rachel and Abby get along splendidly for being 5 years apart. Rachel likes to play school, and Abby is a more than willing pupil. It's a win-win situation.


Now this is a rare sighting. "What are you doing???" I ask more than puzzled. "We are playing that we are crossing the street." Hmmm. Maybe they could play this game all day. Look at how happy they are.

9 comments:

Liz K said...

Kara! I love your family! They crack me up every time! Playing crossing the street! Hilarious! I am sure they decided to take a nap in the grass right after right?

And your flowers are darling! I understand the vermin thing! The deer attacked my hostas this year, but they are growing back after I used my oil, soap, egg, milk and water mix on them. But I need your help! My inpatients are not blooming! Oh, they have nice leaves, they look strong and healthy, and there are even buds, but no blooms! Uggg, what do I do, my garden guru friend?

Pam said...

i LOVE the peach rose. Beautiful! We have at least 6 healthy rose bushes. I'm just learning how to care for them. If Adam wants to come down and inspect for Aphids, we'd be delighted to have him. :)

the johnson crew said...

your flowers are so pretty. what do you normally coat them with to keep the pests away?

your kids are funny. playing "cross the street."

Laurie said...

I just LOVE your little people. :) I also enjoy visiting your garden.

The Talberts said...

well .. evil rabbits and all .. your flowers are lovely. :)

Kara said...

Janelle, it was a mixture of hot sauce, cayenne pepper, a squirt of dish soap, and water. I looked up online what drives the rabbits away. It works OK, but my spray bottle broke and the rabbit picked up on that right away.

Jenny LaBo said...

I love your summer pictures! :) Your kids crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I always love your pictures on the blog. I miss your flowers in the winter. The rabbits didn't eat my yellow ones either, but the bright colored ones. Your kids are so funny. Love it. ~Cath

Jackie said...

The Rachel & Abby picture is too cute. My sister Jen and I are 5 years apart and best friends!