Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Day with Friends


I had a great day with Amanda. This morning was our first time getting together for a bible study. She had a workbook at home called "Experiencing God", so we are checking that out. The first part talks about how we shouldn't ask, "What is God's will for our lives?" but "What is God's will?" Amanda is very hungry for the gospel and our friendship has just blossomed over the last couple weeks. She has been in need of a close Christian friend for a long time now, and I have been missing Jenny terribly, so we have been really good for each other. After Casey went to work this afternoon Amanda and I met again and went to Zauel park then we came here and made spagetti and played in the back yard.


Emma and Adam. She has killer brown eyes.


This is Andrew. He is several months younger that Thomas, but probably a little taller than him. Their dad is about Josh's height!


My usually happy guy- not so happy today. He actually WANTED to go to bed at 7:30. I wasn't complaining about that.

8 comments:

Josh said...

I happen to own the hardcover Experiencing God, upon which that workbook is based, if you'd like to borrow it. Just say the word, and I'll pull it out of storage in Terry and Helen's basement while we're there.

Jenny LaBo said...

I knew it was familar :)
Kara I am so happy that you guys are getting closer! I hope to meet her while we are there.
:)
Jennifer and I start our Bible study when Josh and I get back here.

Jenny LaBo said...

Your grass is beautiful.

Kelly Glupker said...

Is Amanda a believer? Did you meet her through MOPS?

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

I have the book myself also ! Amanda is so much fun and full of Love, so glad you 2 hooked up and have started a great friendship. She has some great things to say and sure loves the Lord :)

Kara said...

Josh- I would like to see the book, but I don't want you using your whole vacation digging through boxes!

Jenny- I keep talking about you to her, I hope I can run you over to her house maybe for a minute so she can meet you!

Kelly- Steph summed it up, she does love the Lord. Amanda and I were sitting in the family bookstore and I was reading the workbook out loud and she says, "Shhh! Listen, do you hear that?" I said, "What?" She says, "It's God at work! She really is a crack up.

Pam said...

What a wonderful thing to find a friend in the Lord. Is there anything sweeter? That is a GREAT study! We did it back in the day at Immanuel and it was super. Enjoy it. It's challenging.

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.