Saturday, November 7, 2009

Rocks, Gems, and Minerals

I had seen an advertisement in the paper for this rock and mineral show and just KNEW that my Adam must attend! But when you enter this sort of room with a double stroller and 5 kids in tow, people become very... frightened. We didn't stay long, and they were only told once (by someone running a table) that the goods were "fragile" and should be careful. It was a good day. Now if only Abby could get over her psychotic fits life would be near perfect.


Cool! This is way better than anything he finds in Grandma Thompson's driveway.


Look at that selection. It was so tempting to touch every one.


God made this!


Yay for the one lady in the building that likes children! The kids each got to pick a stone (actually it was glass) with eyes glued on it- for free! They were ecstatic.

5 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

That is so cool! Where was it? It looks like a great time.

Kara said...

It was in Midland at a convention center near the mall.

The Talberts said...

How fun!
And you know .. I find that people treat us strangely, too. Sort of like I must be an irresponsible, unfit parent if I was so stupid as to have this many in the first place. And surely I'm not going to be able to keep this many little ones out of mischief, so I will need others to remind me.

Laura Wells said...

Oh there was a free juggling festival in Midland this weekend too...I bet they like kids at a juggling festival.

Jackie said...

How cool! I can't believe I missed it! Adam must have been on cloud 9.