Friday, April 11, 2008

Just my Opinion...

I don't think dogs should be allowed to ride on the lap of someone driving a car. I just got home from my class out at Delta. I followed a car that had a dog on the man's lap, the man was scratching and petting his dog as he drove. There are several 4-way stops along the way. I don't see how this man could have his full attention on the road. I know mine wasn't, I kept staring at the dog jumping all over the man driving. Why isn't there a law against this, or is there and I just don't know about it?

11 comments:

Amanda Irene said...

yes I bet there is a law against it.

undergroundcrowds said...

once my grandma and I saw this dog, which we thought, was a girl with pig tails sitting next to the driver in the car in front of us. I'm with you, dogs belong in the "way back".

Pam said...

"officer Wickman" Says that there isn't a specific law, but you can be ulled over for being a distracted driver. Depends on the towns laws.

Kara said...

Thanks Pam and James, I was hoping you would have the answer!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Those that do that are causing danger to others and them selves !
when Gus needs to travel he is always in his kennel box for safety.
Crazy people !!

Anonymous said...

Pets should be in a carrier or buckled in with special safety harness. Shelby has a carrier that she hates, therefore she goes nowhere. Probably best for all--Babs
p.s. Kara- thanks for the heads up on the puppy, I really want him. Left a post for Stephanie about him.

Kelly Glupker said...

I'm sure you already know what I think about this. :)

Kara said...

Yes, Kelly, I do. :)

Jenny LaBo said...

I agree Kara.

Laurie said...

I would like to see a law passed prohibiting people to smoke in vehicles with children present. I think a couple states already have this law.

Emily said...

It's a hazard not only to others on the road, but a loose dog is a potential flying object in the vehicle that could really hurt a passenger. Doggy seatbelts are a good thing. Or at least leashing them in a way so they cant reach any passengers. (dont know how well that leash would hold up in a real bad accident though)