Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What We've Been Up To


When it's so nice outside there isn't much time to blog! The kids are out all the time, Casey says I need a laptop so I can sit on the porch and watch the kids while I blog. Now there's and idea...

Anyway, the highlight of our weekend was seeing Laurie (Casey's sis) baptized! It brought back a lot of memories because I was baptized when I was pregnant with Rachel. Laurie just has a month until her baby is here, we are all getting anxious to see her!

Tommy just loves his cousin Liam! Casey's mom, Sarah, and Liam came down to see Laurie baptized. Liam was so cute and smiley with the kids, they can't keep their hands off him.


Poor baby girl got plowed over by Adam on his swing the other day. Her lip is just a little swollen in this picture, but she always bounces back quickly. Her nose was bleeding and everything, talk about giving me a heart attack.


We were blessed with a bunch of hand-me-down girl clothes last week, unfortunately there were no boy sunglasses in the bag for Tommy, but he rather liked the flower shaped ones.


Rachel said, "Look mom! I look just like you! (because of the glasses and barette)" If only I was that cute. She is itching for summer vacation to be here so she can be home every day. Even is she doesn't look like me, at least she has a lot of my tendencies.


This is the one area of the yard where the kids can pretty much do what they want, so you'll usually find Adam digging here.


And here I am today at 24 1/2 weeks, I'm feeling just like I did with the other babies. I wish I could move her up a few inches to accommodate my bladder, but I guess that will never happen.

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Your kids are so cute, and you look great! My daffodils bloomed yesterday, finally, and I once again wondered why it took so long - oh, well, I should be happy that they will last longer than our neighbors' HA.

Laurie said...

Hopefully not everyone saw me almost fall on my butt on the way out, after the baptism. Debby was right there to catch me though. She said she didn't know I could do the splits...me neither. I'm encouraged by the fact that God speaks to others to now come forward to be baptized. I heard Rachel asked why she can't do it. Dean also said he would like to do it next time. Maybe the two of them could be baptized at the same time, that would be cool.

Kara said...

Thanks Jenny!
I'm happy to hear your daffodils are blooming, I sure with they lasted longer.

Laurie- I totally missed you doing the splits, I couldn't see that from the band area. And I thought the same thing about Dean and Rachel. :)

Amanda Irene said...

So you gotta pee huh. :)

I was really worried somone was going to fall on the water left my pastors shoes when he grabbed his stuff off the podeum. That would have been nasty.

I enjoyed seeing laurie baptized. I enjoyed watching her fall back and pastor doing a fine job bring her back up b/c I know at that stage of pregnancy she was almost no help.

Emma will be so excited to see rachel baptized. Dean too she loves it!

I love daffodils!!

Pam said...

I left a comment earlier, but it didn't show up. Weird.
Laurie, Yippee for you! I'm glad you didn't fall either.
Kara, your kids are cute as always. I love Tommy's grin and also those glasses!! What a hoot!

Pam said...

Oh and I wanted to tell you...You look beautiful with your belly getting big :)

Kara said...

Pam, I bought a couple really cute maternity tops at a sale on Saturday, I should've modeled in one of those, the t-shirt is not so flattering.

Amanda Irene said...

PPaahh Shhhaw! You are too cute either way!!!

Next post cute tops!! :)

Jackie said...

These are beautiful pics of the kids. And I love the one of you too! Cute little belly!

chris k said...

Okay...first, I have cool BOY sunglasses that Tommy can have. He cannot continue to wear the flower ones. Poor Tommy. I love the pictures and was sad that I was gone and couldn't see the baptisms. I gotta say ~ I love the belly shot. Large and in charge!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

how exciting for Laurie ! Taking that step in her life is awesome. The fact that Dean is interested too is even better :)
I can remember when my sisters and i were baptized on the same day. Was a very special time. I was 10 at the time. Cant wait for the kids to want and then proceed in doing it. Olivia has asked questions about it but we really want her to understand what she is doing and why. She is still grasping the detials and facts of salvation. She has been asking alot of questions to us and Miss Peggy. She wants to ask Jesus into her heart but not sure she totally graps everything. What joy that brings to my heart !! I know little kids say it a million times and dont want her to be that way. Dont want to push her but do at the same time ya know what i mean :)
by the way you look smashing ! 6 is a good even number :)
love ya

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

ok am i making sense in the whole dont want to push and want to make sure she really understands, help out there, i was just thinking...........
wondering and now want feed back :)

Kara said...

Steph, you said exactly what I said a couple months ago about not pushing and wanting it to come from her. Then out of the blue Rachel said one night, "I asked Jesus into my heart."
Casey and I looked at each other, and I said, "Oh, when did you do that?" She said, "I was in my room changing, I didn't have any clothes on..."
It was so funny, yet so precious that she came to us and told us on her own. I don't think she is ready to be baptized, but she is definitely growing. Now I need to get on the ball and work with my kids more as far as digging into God's word.

Kentucky Kate said...

That's so neat that you and your your sis-in-law were baptized while pregnant! Also, I love your little belly. I wish I looked that cute pregnant.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Its so exciting when they want to learn and grow more in Christ. Its a very normal thing when kids ask Jesus into there heart a few times. Just a process in learning and growing. It will be exciting to see the girls grow in their friendship and grow in Christ. I too need to be more aggressive with Bible teachings. They get it now but I ask myself what more can I add to it ? That is something I am working on, Peggy does such an awesome job with their memory verses. She has great ideas !!

The Johnston's said...

I love seeing your kids do silly things. I can't wait to see what Liam will do.You do look great by the way.