Thursday, April 24, 2008

Landscaping Nightmare



I love my tulips, they are right in front of my house. But other than these tulips, everything is horrendously ugly. There are bushes that have been sheared into box shapes for years before we bought the house, and then there are the spirea bushes that I just have no idea what to do with. So I hacked them off. It is bad. I wish someone would nominate me for one of those yard makeover shows. The ground is so hard in front of the house that I would need a backhoe to really make a difference. So there is my whining for the day. I think I'm just going to go over to Luter's and sit in their gazebo and pretend I live there.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Come to my house. You will instantly feel better. I promise.

Anonymous said...

My house has mostly sand around it. I don't know what to do. Your flowers look great!!


Sarah J.

Kim said...

I don't even have grass or a single flower bed. When it rains, we have a mud hole.We have our work cut out for us in the yard this year. At least we get to start from scratch and hopefully not mess it up.

Kara said...

ooooo Kim, a mud hole?!?! I'll send Adam right over. I'm afraid he's eventually going to make it under my neighbor's fence, he enjoys digging and mud that much. The more worms the better he thinks.

chris k said...

I think that the flowers are beautiful. Who cares about the bushes...pretty soon, they will become target practice for baseballs and stop the basketballs from rolling away. They make great bases for the games and wonderful safe spots for tag. Don't get rid of them just yet!!

Jackie said...

I don't know what your bushes look like, but the flowers are gorgeous!

Chris said...

Kara you may not like the Luter's right now. The pool is empty and looks pretty ugly. But the flowers are nice, they always are. My parents have put in years and years of work on their yard and you are right in the summer it is beautiful!!

Amanda Irene said...

Kim I just checked your blog and the picture of the kids asleep with grandpa is a hoot!

Amanda Irene said...

Oh and Kara you know I will pick up my shovel for you any day!