Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Adam Again



My Adam is a funny little man. He can wear on my nerves like no other (he will be 5 in two days!) or he can completely melt my heart. His latest thing is to get his bible and open it up randomly and say, "What story is this?" Most of the time it is one I am unfamiliar with, but he doesn't care, and insists that I read it out loud. Today was from Samuel. I read about 4 chapters out loud. He sits glued next to my side. We learned together how Samuel warned the people about the bad things a king would bring them, but the people wouldn't listen. They wanted a king so they could be awesome like the other nations. Enter Saul. He is young, fetching, and a head taller than the other men- I did not know this. Saul was busy looking for his family's donkeys that had escaped, but God had other plans. Saul is chosen to be the king, Samuel tells him to not worry about the donkeys, they have been found... but now Adam is concerned. Very concerned. All he can think about is the donkeys and wants to know where they are. In detail. Of course it doesn't tell any more about the donkeys. I hope Adam can sleep tonight.

5 comments:

Chris said...

That's funny Kara. During Easter, in our Sunday night class, we talked about Jesus riding on a donkey and taught the kids what a donkey says and they put their fingers on their head like donkey ears. I wonder if he remembers all that and that is why he got stuck on the donkeys? Adam DOES have some great questions though. :)

Jenny said...

I know it wasn't your intent to teach a spiritual lesson here, but you know, I'm really a lot like Adam wanting to know the details that I am just SURE God left out. I probably should just trust Him, huh? You know, like when God (through Samuel) says the donkeys are fine, they're FINE. And when God says don't worry about it, I should just "trust in the Lord with all [my] heart." I hope Adam had a restful night - and thanks for sharing this. :-)

Amanda Irene said...

Aww thats sweet. They do surprise us don't they.
Andrew wakes me up every morning to the same knock knock joke. HE climbs in and says Mahh mahh until I answer and then he says knock knock I say whos there he says WE I say we who he says we been working on the blah blah a dahh boo boo boo.

Jackie said...

This is a sweet and funny story. What a thoughtful little guy.

amber said...

That's so cute! I never realized how much God uses kids as His refiner's fire in the lives of moms until I became one. A lot of times for me it's through patience-testing flames, but sometimes it's in sweet, provoking questions. Lately Jackson has been very jealous that I have Bible study with Mel and Brooke, and he begs for a Bible study, too. If only that desire would continue in his life and grow in mine.