Sunday, April 6, 2008

We had a Date!


So Casey and I had a date last night. He acquired free (free!) tickets to the Newsboys concert at the Dow Event Center last night. I honestly didn't know who else was playing, and it didn't really matter, because we were going to see the Newsboys! We had a wonderful time. The drums were so loud I thought my pericardium might rupture. I jumped around more than any pregnant woman with a hernia should. The message of this concert was clearly "Jesus Christ is the only way" and I really felt like He was glorified last night. The crowd was full of people of all ages, and we all sang together our favorite songs... it was great!

Here is Jeremy Horn. He was really nice out in the lobby talking to people after the concert.


This violin player is from the band Article One. He was a ball of energy last night, jumping all over and playing at the same time. I wonder what he was like as a toddler.


This is the lead singer from the group Neworldson. I had never heard of them, but I really liked them, they had kind of a southern gospel twist to their songs, pretty high energy.


Here is Rush of Fools. They didn't do much for me, but the younger people in the crowd loved them. The message in their songs was really good, they were just too contemporary sounding for me or something.


None of my pictures came out exceptionally clear, but here are the Newsboys! I still miss the guy with the long curly blond hair, but these guys were fabulous as well.


This was probably Casey's favorite part- the drummer was wearing a seat belt as the platform spun around sideways. It was crazy.

12 comments:

Pam said...

I too am impressed by the sideways drummer and I'm only looking at a picture. So glad you both got out for the night. Sounds like a blast!

chris k said...

Congratulations on a date night! You do need to do that every once in awhile. After school is out, Kaleb and I will come over to watch the kids or you can drop them off to play for a few hours. You might need some time to yourselves before "party of five" arrives.

Amanda Irene said...

SHUT UP!!!! I can't believe you got to see this!!! WOW! How fun!!

Well at least I know andrew can be a violin player.

Miss you! I am finally home.

Rachael Neal said...

we went to that same concert tour earlier in the year when i was pregnant. i jumped around so much, i thought for sure my kid would be born deformed! wasn't it a great concert? it was my first newsboyz concert and i would go again in a heartbeat!

Kelly Glupker said...

Was this WinterJam? We saw it a couple years ago and I too was amazed by the drummer.

Kara said...

Kelly- I believe they called it the Newsboys Go Tour.

Rachael- that is hilarious, and look at how perfect you baby turned out, there is still hope for me!

Chris K- thanks for the offer, now don't go avoiding my calls.

Pam and Amanda- someday all us girls will be hanging out together again.... we'll probably have white hair, but it won't stop us from going to a concert like this.

Jenny LaBo said...

Kara this looked like fun. I think my favorite concert ever was when Audio A and Newsboys played....I think it was the same night?? I love the Newsboys to this day. It's so awesome that they are still getting God's message out there!

Jackie said...

Looks like lots of fun. The drummer thing was totaly cool. It's great that you guys get to get out for date night.

The Speer's said...

I'm glad you too got out. Dave and I sneak out once in awhile when the kids are in school. It will get harder in the summer.

Kara said...

Jenny!!! We saw Audio Adrenaline when they opened for Steven Curtis Chapman- remember?

Anonymous said...

Kara & Jen,
I saw Audio Adrenaline open for Steven Curtis Chapman! Not my music - I couldn't understand a word of any song!?!?
~Cathy

undergroundcrowds said...

that sounds like a lot of fun. John just picked up some Jack Johnson tickets for us. He is coming to Germany!

Glad you had a nice time.