Saturday, November 15, 2008

Abby's Birthday Weekend- Part 1


Casey was feeling adventurous today and took us out to Culver's! Adam was promised that he could go out for ice cream if he stayed on green Wed, Thurs, and Fri (the beginning of the week was a little rough). It is also Abby's birthday weekend, so it was a double celebration! Abby turns 2 on Monday, but since I'll be at work we are celebrating all weekend. :)


That's my big girl diving right in!


My parents came over this afternoon to give Abby her present. We always have a good time with our grandmas and grandpas!
Tomorrow we will spend time with the other set. I made Abby a chocolate cake tonight (to eat tomorrow), I hope this one is better than the one I made last year.

*** In other news, Anna rolled over today from her BACK to her tummy. Now that she rolls both ways, I feel like the newborn days are over. Of course that's not how I felt last night when she was up from midnight - 2. It's a good thing there was a lot of excitement today to keep me awake. I even took Adam and Rachel to see some Birds of Prey at the library this afternoon, that was fun for me, but Adam had a hard time sitting still.

7 comments:

mj said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!!! Chocolate Cake sounds good, so does culver's ice cream. I get a two scoop sundae with hot fudge and oreos. Hope your cake turns out well!!!!!!

Laura Wells said...

Fun. I forgot about the birds of prey thing-- I meant to go. We went to a birds of prey festival in Montana. They are impressive birds and there is something about seeing them in captive that makes your heart sink--like those bald eagles at the zoo. Glad you had a fun weekend.

chris k said...

Happy birthday to Abby! Three days on green is also something to celebrate. Enjoy the weekend with the grands.

Amanda Irene said...

Thats great you are working with adam and his teacher about him staying on green. Maybe she can remind him too. I wouldn't worry about "bothering" the teacher.

happy haappy 2nd birthday!!!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Happy Birthday Abby !

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!!!

I can't believe she's TWO!!
Hope the rest of your weekend was wonderful.

krissy said...

Happy Birthday to Abby and what's "staying on green"? Is this a secret parenting trick no one has told me about? Maybe it's a MI thing, or a mom of 5 thing? Can I get in on the secret?