Friday, November 14, 2008

Back to Normal


I finally feel normal. Hernia surgery was 9 days ago, and I finally feel strong enough to do my normal tasks. Casey is working the day shift today, so he dropped off Adam and Rachel at school. That means I am here with my 3 little ones. I love these days. Abby and Tommy were literally fighting over Anna this morning. After I took this picture they were pushing each other and crying big tears just to have Anna to themselves.

When I say I feel normal I mean that I can bake something and do the dishes all at once! How nice. I do feel like something is stiff in my groin (I don't mean to sound weird) where they put the plastic mesh to repair the hernia. MJ, did you have mesh put in your hernias? Will that stiffness go away? Jenny told me I am practically bionic, so now I feel really special about my fake part.

Tommy and Abby are forever dragging objects into the kitchen to stand on so they can play in the sink or try to steal food off the counter. I am so glad the Halloween candy is almost gone. It's on top of the frige so they would need a couple laundry baskets to reach that.

7 comments:

The Talberts said...

Our kids drag things into the kitchen to stand on, too! Also .. very glad that Halloween candy is mostly gobbled up here as well.

Glad you're mostly back to normal. Hernia surgery doesn't sound fun.

amber said...

Glad you're recovering and feeling back to normal. The muffins look yummy! Our candy is almost gone, thanks to Matt and me (the chocolate has vanished)!

Laurie said...

Kara's baking again...as is well.

chris k said...

Hooray. life is back to normal. At school today, a colleague of mine said that she was going home to Deckerville! I said do you know Kara? SHE DID!! How small is Deckerville? :)

Jenny said...

mmm, those look like pumpkin muffins. YUMMY! Glad you are feeling more like yourself, and hope it gets continually better.

Kara said...

Chris- who is your colleague? We'll have to chat Sunday! Deckerville has a population of about 1,000 or less.

Jenny- those are pumpkin muffins- courtesy of blogging friend Kentucky Kate. Definitely a hit here!

Amanda Irene said...

ahh kentucky kate! I am really enjoying http://humblemusings.com/

I got her site of twomuths. Kara I love blogging! Thank you!!

Yep I have also eaten most of the candy. :)