Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'll be seeing you again someday...

Well, tomorrow morning is my hernia surgery. The doctor will be repairing my left inguinal and my umbilical hernia. I have felt on the verge of tears all day. I think I am nervous. I made cinnamon rolls this morning, and I have done several loads of laundry to tide everyone over for several days just incase I pass away on the table. I know other people know how to do laundry, but it's what I do. I'm the mom. Please pray that I will hobble home in one piece tomorrow. Surgery is scheduled for 8am. I won't be able to blog for a while because my computer is in the basement and I won't be maneuvering stairs for a bit. So don't blog anything real funny until I get back.

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be praying for you. Not being able to do stairs/laundry for a while won't be bad??

chris k said...

Praying for your doctors to perform a fantastic surgery, amongst your bowels, and for recovery to be quick. I am still planning on Saturday for Adam and Rachel. I'll call Friday night to make sure all is well and ready to go!

Phil Luter said...

We are praying for you. I think you need Casey to hook up your computer near your bed so you can lay there and blog without worrying about laundry, cooking or chasing kids - just for a few days.

Pam said...

I'll be praying!! You'll do just fine. If I lived closer I'd bring you dinner and do your laundry and maybe even let you use James' laptop to keep up with everyone :) Love you!!!

The Talberts said...

Oh man. Well .. I'll be praying for you, Kara.

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you!! And for your family while you recover!

the johnson crew said...

i'm so sorry, i will be praying for you!

Laurie said...

I'm praying for you(right now)! I would bring my laptop over for you, but I know you don't have wireless. I could just blog for you. :) I know our mothers will be there to help you, but if you need ANYTHING, just call. Oh, you probably won't even be reading this...I'll call you.

Amanda Irene said...

yes I am bringing dinner!!! mostly desert though!! I happen to know your favorites. Praying praying praying!

Anonymous said...

I just talked to Casey and he was on his way for pain meds, etc... He said Kara did real well today. Lots of people are praying for you, Kara, and for everyone that takes care of your kids too!! Enjoy all your meals and pampering - you deserve it.
~Cathy