Tuesday, November 11, 2008

All was not Lost

I was feeling like life passed me by while I was laid up this past week. But then I was looking back at a few pictures I took, and I realized that lots had went on. We had our socks blessed off with meals from our church friends, grandmas giving selflessly of their time, and just quick healing in general. I had my check up today, I was really excited to get some stitches out because they were driving me nuts, but Dr. V. said they were absorbable! So hopefully they will stop annoying me soon!

Here are a few recent pictures...


Rachel got her first phone call from a boy yesterday. She gave Nathan (a classmate- first grade, mind you) her phone number, but when he called she wouldn't talk to him. What a tease.


Cousins. Laurie, we still need to get a picture in their matching outfits! Addie loves her feet. The only thing she likes more than her feet is watching Tommy dance. She has the BEST laugh!


What would we do without grandmas? My mom was here when I first went in for surgery, then Casey's mom took over for several days. Both grandmas don't mind getting bundled up to go out and push someone on the swing. I can't believe we have to get out the hats and mittens already!


Anna is 3 months old now. *sigh* She likes to be talked to, she coos back. She has rolled over onto her tummy probably 4 or 5 times. She sleeps 7 hours at night, 8 hours on a really good night. She loves her baths. She wants to sit up and watch everything going on. She takes her paci when she's grumpy. I'd say she is near perfect.


Adam styled my hair tonight. It actually started out quite relaxing, but then all of a sudden Rachel and Tommy were brushing/combing/beating my head with a brush, too. Amanda doesn't have to thin my hair out the next time I get it trimmed.

7 comments:

amber said...

Hooray for losing your socks to blessings! Glad you're feeling better! And you always help me feel thankful for life!

krissy said...

Those chubby babies are precious.
Any tips on getting your baby to sleep that long in only 3 months? What a treat!!

The Talberts said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.
I often get a better idea of what's been going on by looking back at our pictures.

Laura Wells said...

So glad you are almost all better. We missed you at our table yesterday.

Kara said...

Amber & Laura- I missed you guys yesterday!

Melissa- yes, the more pictures the better!

Krissy- Sorry, I have no tips. She sleeps from about 9-4, gets up to nurse, then sleeps several more hours. :) The last few kids got up to nurse once in the night until they were totally weaned, which was between 12-14 months. I really never minded it. It goes so quickly.

Laurie said...

Yes, we need to get the girls in their matching outfits. Addie is quickly outgrowing the brown onesie. Dean made her crack up last night by making funny sounds with his mouth. I need to catch her laughing on video, maybe Tommy will dance for her again. :)

Amanda Irene said...

Oh baby laughs are the best. Now Laurie DOES HAVE TO post that laugh!

Glad you are up and about now!