Saturday, March 28, 2009

Martha Cookie Review Part 2



Today was the day to try the Lemon Tassies. Basically they are little lemon cheesecakes. Tasty? Yes. Time consuming? Um, yes. Don't make them unless you are home alone. The time consuming part was forming the little crusts. The recipe was supposed to make 48 tassies. I had enough filling for 24ish. Oops. So I made the rest of the crust into cookies that I was going to frost. Oh dear. I just remembered that the cookies are still in the oven. I shut the oven off oh about eight hours ago. Totally forget they were in there. Now I'm afraid to look in the oven. I guess they didn't burn or I would've smelled them. Like I said, make these when you are ALONE and can concentrate.



It was a blustery day here, but we managed to bundle up and go for a little walk. Anna's still got a cough and runny nose, I was hoping the fresh air would do her good. After weeks of having Anna wake up every couple hours due to her cold- she slept 8 hours last night! Yay for me!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Those look delicious! and like they're a lot of work. Good job my baking friend!

Laura Wells said...

Yes, super yea for sleep! And the cookies look awesome.

chris k said...

Looks like just too much work for me. I'll just continue to look at yours. Hopefully, the weather will break soon so you can scoop the kids outside to play.

TraceyLD said...

I'm with Chris. I'm going to pass on making those. Too much work. For all you MOPS moms out there. My birthday cake from Sam's Club was just perfect. No stress involved.
I hope the weather breaks soon. I can't wait to get out and enjoy some sunshine.

The Talberts said...

Mmmmm. Those look amazing.