Friday, March 13, 2009

Poor Poopsie



Anna was down for the count today. When she woke up in the middle of the night she was burning up, I ended up sleeping on the couch with her because she just wanted to be held. And that went on ALL day. It is very hard to get anything done when lugging a 7 month old around. I did manage to make some homemade hamburger buns, but the kids just wanted to eat them as rolls, the sloppy joes were a flop anyway. Why don't they taste as good as my mother-in-laws? Oh well. The jello salad was a hit, so it wasn't all failure. Here's to a better day tomorrow. And maybe a trip to the library. Alone. I think I'm starting to climb the walls here.

8 comments:

Betsy said...

Bless her heart. This year seems to be the one for illnesses. Our boys too. First Josh, then Aaron, then Josh again. Seems like the same at your house. *sigh*

The library is such a sanctuary - quiet, time, books without pictures!! Have fun! By the way, how DO you make homemade hamburger buns? I'm a better cook than a baker, so never I knew they could be made at home.

Betsy

Phil Luter said...

If experience means anything, you should be an expert nurse by now. Pretty soon they will have built immunity to all the bugs. Hopefully, warm weather is on its way. Hang in there. You always remind me of how much work is involved in being a mom.

The Johnston's said...

She looks so peace full, I love that they are so snuggly, when they are sick.The hugs and kisses are nice to, I could do with out the snotty ones though. I am getting less and less now that Liam is getting older. Not that I wish them too be sick it is just nice now and then to hold them and now that they just want mommy.

Jenny said...

I hope you get that trip to the library. I know EXACTLY what you mean, although I imagine it would be, well, I can't figure out the percentage but WORSE when you have 5, and some are sick.

Hopefully Anna feels better soon.

TraceyLD said...

Poor Anna! Poor Kara! I hate it when the kids are sick. Especially when they were little.
I hope today she is much better.

Jen said...

It's so hard when the kiddos get sick. Logan has been fight respiratory junk for weeks now. It's horrible between doctors appointments,finding a new pediatrician, and trying to keep him from other sick kids or him making others sick, I think I am losing my mind...

Hope Anna is feeling better... :)

The Talberts said...

Oh no! I hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Kara,
Missed you and Anna at church this morning. Trust Anna is doing better. ~Cathy