Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Perfect End to a Hectic Day


So I've been feeling a little frazzled the past 4 days. Casey has been sick, so that means I have to work a lot harder around this place. Tonight we had a family movie night at church. Casey was off to work, but the kids really wanted to go, so I took all but Anna- she stayed with Laurie and Dean. The kids were pretty good, but after the movie Tommy peed all over the back of his pants in the bathroom, and he was frantic about that. So I rushed back to Laurie's to grab the diaper bag and Anna and came back and got some clean clothes on him. After pizza and cake at church everyone needed baths when we got home. By that time I was irritated at everyone and wished that all were mute. But after our prayers Adam asked, "So how do I ask Jesus into my heart?" I explained why we do that and he said, "Well, how do I do it? I want to do it!" So he did it to the best of his ability, and I am just so happy that I had to blog about it.

So pray for Adam that he really understands what is going on. We have been having issues with name calling around here, so after he called Tommy a butt crack I explained that Jesus lives inside him now and Jesus would never call someone a name like that. Motherhood is much more difficult than I ever imagined. But as my friend Laura said recently (probably on her blog or someone else's) aren't we glad that it's not all up to us? God does have something to do with it. :)

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Praise the LORD! I will be praying for Adam!

AND, I am glad that you are right - we could never survive parenthood in our own strength, for sure!!!

Amanda Irene said...

Isn't that just like God after a really long hard day to send a shining moment! Awesome!

Liz K said...

How exciting! And yes, this parenting thing isn't for cowards! And praise God it isn't up to us!

Jenny LaBo said...

YEAH!
I cried a little.
Love that kid.

Laura Wells said...

I had a moment today too that caused me to step back and put things into the proper perspective. God is good.

TraceyLD said...

How great! What wonderful news about Adam.
I'll be praying for Adam.
I sure hope Casey will be 100% soon.

Phil Luter said...

When I was only 5 I also saw my need of a Savior. Though I didn't understand a lot about that decision at the time, I have never forgotten praying next to our old kitchen table with my mom and dad. In fact, 55 years later I still have that table in my basement. I often see it and think of how God provided for my salvation and the parents that were faithful in sharing with me.

Pam said...

Happy Birthday Tommy!