Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mini Vacation


This was the reaction we got when we told the kids we were going to Splash Village today! Casey took a vacation day, so we packed up the kids but didn't tell them where we were going until we were almost there. Rachel and Adam loved it. I hated the locker room. I still want to cry just thinking about it. Picture a mother with several children and hundreds of people crawling all over the place. There was no where to change a baby and no space in the locker room was wider than a couple feet. It was awful. But we persevered and finally all ended up inside where the fun was to be had.


Anna actually did really well at the water park. She was not a fan of this swing, though.

11 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the faces in the back seat...poor Anna.

Pam said...

I bet the kids had a blast there!!! Glad you guys got a mini vacation in AND it was probably warm there too.

Amanda Irene said...

I didn't believe that wasn't abby in the swing until i looked close.

So glad you made it without elbowing some lady accidently of course. ; )

Jenny LaBo said...

LOVE the kids in the van picture!!!!!

amber said...

Sounds like fun! Jackson has been begging to come over and play with Tommy! He told me Tommy's mommy would like it!

Liz K said...

What a fun surprise! And the kids look so excited! Can't wait until my boys understand things like that!

The Johnston's said...

What fun, I aways loved surprises when I was little and still do. How far away is the water park?

TraceyLD said...

Next time check out the family bathrooms. There are 3 that I know of. When you are walking down the hall toward the arcade there are 2 on the right just before you turn left to go towards the pool.
I love the picture of the kids in the van!

Phil Luter said...

I thought of you yesterday. I had my semi-annual torture treatment at the hands of my dental hygenist. I'm thinking of asking if my insurance will cover water-boarding instead next time. Wait. Do I have dental insurance?

Sarah Glupker said...

Boy...if ever I saw somber faces, those kids in the back of the van certainly captured it. They must've been so bummed about swimming in a pool in April!! What kind of torture are you and Casey putting them through?? I swear, you guys take the cake (by the way, your lemon cake looks very yummy).
Okay, enough joshin'. Looks like ya'll had fun in the 'Muth.

Sarah

Kara said...

Sarah J- It's about 20-25 minutes from here.

Amber- Jackson is welcome ANYTIME!

Tracey- it was so packed that the family bathrooms were always occupied whenever I tried to get in. Maybe next time.

Phil- If you don't have dental ins. anymore I would be more than happy to clean your teeth for free. Just let me know!