Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Update


Saturday morning we were invited to the neighbor's for an Easter egg hunt. The kids were beside themselves with joy. Anna was being a monster so I stayed home with her. Casey did get a few pics for me, bless his heart. I hate to miss out on all the fun!


Saturday was the first time we got to babysit Addison. She was wonderful. I was washing dishes and had Addie clinging to one leg and Anna to the other. Anna was not very happy to share me and kept trying to pull her hair and bite her head. Addie never even fussed. I think she's ready for a sibling.


I went to a Moms to Moms sale a week ago and found several cute things for Anna. These red jammies are probably my favorite. Tonight was her first time wearing them, she was a little befuddled as to why we kept laughing at her.


Ever since Jenny said she made a lemon cake I have been dreaming about one of my own. Tonight I made a Lemon Chiffon cake from Taste of Home. Unfortunately we couldn't wait til tomorrow to try it.

5 comments:

The Talberts said...

Mmmmmmm. Lemon cake. That looks really good.

Love the jammies! I once had a grown man for a housemate who had an adult version of those. Very strange.

TraceyLD said...

The cake looks wonderful. I can almost smell the lemon.
The egg hunt looks like a lot of fun. What a great neighbor you have!

Liz K said...

oh lemon cake! My favorite! Yumm! Sorry about your snow...we are just getting a few flakes here and there.

Laurie said...

Thanks again for watching Addie! I think you watched her one other time for me...while Val was in the hospital, remember? :)

Kara said...

Melissa- I really don't need to have that vision in my head.

Tracey- we love our neighbors. These are the people that have pool that we are free to use. :)

Liz- the snow didn't last long, but there are still a few flakes swirling around today.

Laurie- You are absolutely right. But this was a FUN time to babysit!