Thursday, April 16, 2009

Snippets from Today


This is for Liz. I baked 2 of these nice crusty loaves today, a slightly different recipe than usual, and we were all happy with it.
I need to get a new bread pan because the one pan always comes out perfect, the other one is a hair doughy in the middle. I hate that.


The rabbits don't seem to be interested in hyacinths.
I hope tomorrow is nice, I need to bag up all the dead stuff that I removed from the flower beds today. And I need to buy some more of that putrid spray to put on the lilies- the rabbits have attacked already. I have a patient that made his own garlic spray- have any of you done anything like that?


Anna tumbled out into the porch today- she loves it there! Her socks were filthy by the time we came back in. We'll all be barefoot soon enough!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

What on EARTH!? Anna is standing up and everything! Did all your kids do that this early??

Kara said...

Jenny, she was pulling herself up at 5 1/2 months. Freak of nature. Tommy was walking right at 9 months, but the others weren't this early. She has places to go, people to see!

Kelly Glupker said...

I'm with Jenny. Your kids just amaze me. They grow up so stinkin' fast, no wonder you keep having them! (You know, I had to say that)

Amanda Irene said...

that bread looks ssoooo good. Its gold and wonderful I bet. All I can think about is butter and honey!

Liz K said...

Ahhh, thanks. I don't know that I have had a post just for me before! And yes, that bread looks wonderful! And your flowers are great...we still have snow on the ground at camp...but I did some little shoots popping up.

As for the rabbits, we don't usually have those to deal with, but the deer will eat anything, tulips, hastas...so last year I tried, with sucess, a mixture of egg, milk, dishsoap, and water...I will get you the recipe when I get home...I am blogging on the road again.

The Three Little Bears said...

Hi, I just happened upon your blog and love it! I am into motherhood, simple living and gardening too... Can't wait to read more soon.

Kara said...

Nice to meet you Hot Belly, and thanks for commenting! We have lots of fun around here, so stop in again. :)