Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why Today is a Good Day


*The dishes are done! I can see the counter! (This means I didn't do many dishes last night. Anna has been a little clingy)


*One of my favorite plants is starting to bloom.


*I am making "refried beans (without the refry). My friend Laura is a good mom who makes her family eat healthy food (verses me who would live on macaroni and cheese), and this is one of the recipes she has tried. I am so excited! Casey is working days now on Wednesdays, I love having him home at suppertime.


*Abby has been singing Happy Birthday to me all morning. My birthday is in February.

*I know that God has a plan and that he loves me.
I have a patient that I see every 6 months for his cleaning. I saw him on Monday. He is as far left as I am right. We basically agree to disagree, but when he leaves I always end up feeling sorry for him. He was showing me pictures of stars and supernovas, and I think, wow- God did that. He thinks they just... happened.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

A good day, indeed. Aaron likes to sing Happy Birthday to Grandma. Constantly.

I enjoyed sharing your blessings!

Amanda Irene said...

Wow now thats a mountian of dishes! I wish mine were clean!! What skill to be able to pile them that high!

a good day indeed! I can't believe your bleeding heart is hearting already. What fun to have blooms!!

Pam said...

Sounds like a wonderful day :) And to think mine was good because I found some cute capris for $5 at Kohls!

Laura Wells said...

You know just tonight as I lamented that my family needs to eat again( they always want to eat) I said, " I wish I could just make a giant pot of mac and cheese and feed everyone." But alas, not possible. Hope the kids like the beans and I wish I had a bleeding heart bush. As a flower girl in my aunt's wedding, I dropped bleeding hearts on the ground. I've loved them ever since; they are fascinating.

Phil Luter said...

Glad you get a chance to speak your mind during work sessions. Mostly, when my teeth are cleaned, there is just a lot of groaning and whining to be heard.

TraceyLD said...

Thanks for the reminder about looking at the good in each day. Sometimes it is a blure and I need to take the time to enjoy the good in the day.