Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crazy Ladies on the Loose


Yesterday I got to hang out with my friend Amanda! We went to a garden event I guess you would call it. Different vendors were there with anything from crafts to books to flowers. It was glorious. Everything but the guy puking his guts out right into the flowers. What the heck. I couldn't stop staring. Amanda wanted to run away. Other than that it was a perfect outing.
After we left there we stopped at the farmer's market and bought strawberries and matching phlox- because all friends should have matching flowers. Hers, of course, will be towering over mine in a matter of weeks. Amanda just has that way with plants. Her husband is really tall, too, but I think he was like that before they met.
(Side note: the flowers pictured were not the ones that were puked on. These smelled really really good, actually. I might have to go out to Abele's again...)

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm laughing pretty hard at this post. You are hilarious.

Liz K said...

how very very fun!

undergroundcrowds said...

blah!!!!! why come to a garden show to get loaded? maybe he was just sick. benefit of the doubt.

you are too funny

Laura Wells said...

We don't have matching flowers. What does that mean?=)

amber said...

I was wondering if those were "THE" flowers. Glad they're puke free! Glad you had fun. I can only imagine!

Kara said...

Well Laura, we need to get you a 'Bright Eyes' phlox, and then you will feel total kinship.

Pam said...

That looks like it was so much fun!!!!!!

chris k said...

Now Kara, I would have been much more engaged had she shown the picture of the puking plants.