Thursday, June 25, 2009

This is what summer is all about


The beach +best friends gabbing for three hours = the most wretched sunburn we have EVER had. So when you see Jenny on Sunday, please, don't pat her on the back. Just smile kindly and say, "Nice to see you!"


My parents have a crazy strawberry patch this year. I thought I'd never hear my mom utter the words that she'd "had enough strawberries", but she did indeed say that. That just means that I get some more. :)


Anna enjoys the lilies almost as much as the rabbits do.


The in-laws popped in for a bit tonight. George is doing amazingly well! They went to Ann Arbor today, he had some stitches taken out (where the melanoma was removed on his back), and they took the drain tube out from under his arm where the lymph nodes were removed 2 weeks ago. He is ready to start chipping and putting. :)

9 comments:

undergroundcrowds said...

that is one mad strawberry patch

I'm extremely jealous

amber said...

Hurray for strawberries and friends at the beach! Don't you just love summer??!!

Amanda Irene said...

that strawberry in adams hand looks HUGE!

anna looks like abby in that photo. Wasn't abbys hair darker at one time it seems to really be getting blond this summer.

hooray for grandpa!

Liz K said...

your flowers are so pretty! Something ate mine, I think they are on the mend, but still no flowers yet. And I second Amber's Hurray for strawberries and friends at the beach!

Laurie said...

My mouth is watering just thinking about those strawberries.

Kara said...

The berries ARE huge. My dad is so proud of his garden this year. :)

Liz- I don't think I could bare to have those deer come and gobble up my lilies. Deer and rabbits are evil.

Amanda, Abby's hair was darker when she was smaller. I can't believe how blond my kids get in the summer!

chris k said...

Should we pat you on the back? :)

Pam said...

That Anna is SO cute I can't stand it!!
Gald to hear good news about George. I continue to pray for him.

The Talberts said...

awwww. love her sweet smile in that last picture!