Thursday, June 4, 2009

Picks of the Week


Great Grains with raisins, dates, and pecans how I love you. I could eat you for three meals a day. Well, at least for a couple days, anyway. Then I'd need some Velveeta.


Tommy and I popped into Abele's today. How wonderful. The workers are always cheerful. Somebody actually asked me if I needed help. Unlike the young library worker today who stomped by with an armful of books and stated loudly, "Working here is going to drive me CRAZY!!!" Huh. There is no way this chick could handle McDonald's, so she had better stay where she is.

Speaking of the library, this is a book I checked out today. The kids have laughed all ten times that we've read it. Rachel asked if she could take it to school and show her friends. Oh boy. I really got it for Abby, she has been going around all day saying, "... and sat and sat and sat and sat..." which is what the kid does on the potty. So cute. It would be even cuter if she pooped on the potty tomorrow.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm chuckling. Hilarious. Apparently we need to check out that book at our library.

Laurie said...

Dean has bought half of our landscaping from Abele's, he loves it. They are supposed to be coming out to help him do a plan for a deck or something too. I'm also fond of Klucks'.

Maybe I should get check out that book for Addie and start her early. :) jk

Amanda Irene said...

nice picks!

Jackie has the potty video. I think it is for a boy though. It's cute!

Kara said...

Amanda- I actually have the boy one... maybe that's why it's so funny!!!

Fine Girl said...

I love this post! You are so cute Kara!

Jenny LaBo said...

Kara. YOu are funny.

Jackie said...

We had the "Once Upon A potty" for boys video for Jacob when he potty training - he loved it. They have a song in there that I still sing!

Betsy said...

We usually have good luck at Boehler's too. Nice mixed color impatiens and a nice large geranium this year. We are trying begonias in the front and hope they grow since they are little now.

I don't remember what the name of the video was that we got at the library, but I do remember one song. "She's a super duper pooper". The songs are catchy and really corny, but seemed to help Josh. It kind of sucks though when THAT song gets stuck in your mind. ha ha

Betsy

Jackie said...

I like the cereal "Honey Bunches of Oats with Chocolate". It used to be easy to fnd, but now it is hard. I heart that cereal!

Laura Wells said...

Go to the Butman-Fish library--they are super friendly there. And Kassy learned to potty after we read a book called, "The Princess and the Potty." I went to Abele's for the first time this spring. It was wonderful.

Kara said...

Jackie- that is a good one! I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Laura- you are so cute, that IS the library we go to. :)