Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Nights are Back!


Let's face it- I know nothing about photography. But I just read somewhere that it is indeed OK to take a pic facing the sun, you can see the sunlight playing on the children's hair blah blah blah...
and it does indeed turn out great!

The kids are always begging to go on a picnic. Eating outdoors far from running water with 5 kids is not on my list of Favorite Things to Do ( I hate dirty hands). I sat inside with Anna and ate my leftover Chinese while I let the others have their picnic. Nothing like Doritos on a summer evening.

10 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Seems like every fun thing the kids want to do is so much work for the parent. Today the kids I watched wanted to play wedding. Guess who had to make all the bouquets? Guess who played the role of priest (and I'm not even Catholic)? Guess who had to be the dance partner at the reception? And then they had the bright idea to go swimming in the huge jacuzzi tub in the master bath. Can you say "MESS"?!?!

Liz K said...

how very fun! Forrest loves Saturday nights because it's supper on the ballfield...he talks about it all week!

Jackie said...

At least yours will sit and eat - mine just run around the yard.

Amanda Irene said...

mmmm chinese!

Laurie said...

When there's no water...WET WIPES!! :)

Phil Luter said...

What a nice picture!

chris k said...

Let them eat outside. But...you were smart and stayed inside to eat without the bugs and dirty hands all over you. good thinkin' mom!

Kara said...

Kelly, you are so funny!
Can't wait to see you guys soon. :)

Pam said...

I love sending the kids out for a picnic. We have our little pool out so they eventually get cleaned off.
Your buttercups are beautiful!!

The Talberts said...

ahhhh. Back lighting. I like that, too. At just the right angle, they just sort of glow.

I love eating outside because after the picnic is over, I let them play in the baby pool or with the hose .. I let the dog take care of the crumbs. And no mess inside!