Friday, September 4, 2009

I Almost Feel Guilty

I almost feel guilty because I have been having a wonderful day. Why so wonderful you ask? Because my parents picked up Adam and Rachel and I won't see them until Sunday. Do you know how productive I can be with only 3 children under foot? OK, so the house still isn't clean, but there is bread to be eaten, and ... well, we're getting to the rest.

I have been slowly trying to expand my little flower garden out back. Anna was helping me this afternoon. She tastes the dirt to make sure it's OK. And she chewed on a tomato for a while.


When Abby went down for her nap Casey took Tommy to the bowling alley to play in the new game room. They both had a great time. Tommy bought 2 guns- one for him and one for Abby- with the points he earned. What a nice brother.


I took my 3 little muffins to Bay City tonight. Tommy was so thrilled with the river that he bounced the whole time we were there. Or maybe it was the ice cream cone kicking in, I'm not sure.

My young 'ens, I love them so. Not even a case of diarrhea (Abby) could ruin this day.

7 comments:

The Johnston's said...

It was a great day to be out side. Liam went to the park to visit with some cousins. I hope we have nice weather the next few days.

-Kara I would love some hand me down cloths for Liam. If you have any extra winter stuff I would be interested in that too. This winter he would be in size 24 months or 2T.

Kentucky Kate said...

It's funny how with each kid, you start to think, "Oh, if only I had known how easy it was with just __" I was down to 2 today and had the same thoughts. For my own sanity, I don't want to think about if/when I have 5.

Sarah Glupker said...

It's 007 and his beautiful side kick, right on the Veihl's front porch. Who would've thought!?!
I never let a case of diarrhea from patients at work ruin my day either....now that I think about it, it's just about the norm. Who would've thought that? Diarrhea= Normal. But I digress....
Glad you had a good day, Kara Veihl.

Laura Wells said...

It two tries to correctly comprehend "Tommy bought two guns." But I got it. How funny.Imagine what the school year will be like--you can bake and garden all day!...and next year, with three in school. Wow.

chris k said...

You are wonder woman with only three children underfoot! Did you wear a cape all day or did you let the superheroes with their new guns wear it? Enjoy the last days before school starts.

Liz K said...

How fun! Glad you got some time with just the little ones!

The Talberts said...

I was thinking something similar to what Katie said. The picture of you with your three kiddos at the end is what it looks like when I'm out with all of my kids. And I think back to the old days when there were only one (or two!) and I still felt the same busy-ness as I do now, with three. I've been trying to think lately, "This will seem like a breeze when #4 comes along." But I'm not fooling myself.