Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend


Since Adam and Rachel were off playing put-put and eating pizza with grandma and grandpa, we decided that we should do something fun, too. So Sat morning we went to Dow Gardens. I get winded just thinking about all the walking, but it really is beautiful, and the Children's garden is adorable!



We spent Sunday and Monday in Deckerville.
I just never get tired of this shot!


Before coming back home we stopped out at my great aunt and uncle's place on the lake so we could say hi to my grandma. We also got to see family and friends that I rarely see. It was a wonderful day.
Adam is of course looking for some shells.


Abby didn't really get in the water, but she sure liked playing with the life jacket.


We were back in full swing this morning! First day, always so exciting. I thought Rachel would come home blubbering (Amanda knows what I'm talking about), but she was very good and didn't seem overly tired for the first day. Hopefully tomorrow will be another good day.


What a pouty face. A lot of days end like this around here. But tomorrow is a fresh day. Hopefully Anna can hold it together.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What? You were at Dow Gardens and didn't swing by? (Sound familiar?)

Did you get to eat any yummy fruits & veggies?

Looks like you had a great weekend!

Kara said...

Jenny, one of these days we NEED to meet up. Seriously.
And the only thing they came home with was an apple!

Pam said...

I too never tire of the tractor/wagon picture. It always looks like so much fun to be pulled around by grandpa!
Rachel and Adam are so cute on their first day. Rachel looks good in yellow :) I'm sure they will have a great year.

krissy said...

Looks like so much fun! I've said before how much I love your pictures because it's like watching my childhood all over again. I have lots of pictures just like the one of your kids riding in the wagon with the field of corn in the back. sigh. good times. :-)
And, yes, it is shocking how much our babies look alike!!