Wednesday, September 30, 2009

River of Time

Saturday we took the kids to the River of Time. I loved it! I would've spent all day there, but the kids were done after 2 hours. We did see some pretty cool stuff...


This is a table of homemade soap. Tommy apparently didn't know what it was because I saw him licking one.


How cute are they?!? I told Casey that we should do that when we get old. We need to start lessons right away if we're going to get as good as they are.

The boys panned for gold. It was really just little stones painted gold, but Adam was none the wiser.


Rachel made a doll out of some scraps. She loves to craft!


The rootbeer, without a doubt, was Casey's favorite part of the whole thing. You can bring your bottle back the next year and they refill it for a fraction of the original price. We'll be back!


The kids wanted to play at the park they saw on the way there, so we indulged them.

8 comments:

Kentucky Kate said...

It's nice when kids want to do things that are free :) And the lady with the coffee - I had no idea Meijer sold coffee.

The Johnston's said...

You would love the SCA then Kara because we do a-lot of that stuff too.

Amanda Irene said...

Abbys looking more and more like her mom these days.

I am glad you blogged this. I will go next year. Doesn't bay city have some sort of war reinactment or something. (I think I butched the spelling of that you love me just the way I am though.)

Jackie said...

I have never heard of the River of Time. I need more details.

Kara said...

Kate, I'm glad you learned something today from my blog. I'm here to help.

Sarah, I probably would!

Amanda, I don't know about the war re-enactment. They had a couple shoot outs at the River of Time, it was cool.

Jackie- it's usually every September for a whole weekend, right by the river in Bay City. Lots of people, just follow the signs. Mostly 1800's re-enactment stuff. They were supposed to do real canoe rides, but they said it was too windy. A lot of people dress up in 1800's garb just to walk around. I told Rachel I would make us matching bonnets for next year.
And it's free to go! They do suggest a donation, there is a bucket when you walk in.

TraceyLD said...

Sounds like fun! I've never heard of it!

Kelly Glupker said...

I love family fun days like that - and free too! Looks like a blast!

The Talberts said...

How fun! I want to go.