Friday, July 27, 2007

A pickin' and a grinnin'


This morning we went blueberry picking! We always take the kids, they do pretty good, but Thomas did have a meltdown about halfway through. He was fine after we walked out of the rows of bushes, like he was claustrophobic or something. Weird.


The first thing the kids do when we arrive at the blueberry farm is play on the tire swing! I always wanted a big tree in my backyard for one of those. Jenny and Barb had a tire swing. I think I'm still jelous.



Here is our neighbor Lou picking with the kids. She came along for the ride. Lou actually squeezed into the back seat between Adam and Rachel. You should have heard the 3 of them carrying on. Casey said quietly, "So this is what it would be like to have 5 kids." He cracks me up.


Casey ate about 10 pounds right off the bushes. The variety we picked this year was way better than last year. Very sweet.


Abby was just dead weight during the blueberry picking process, but man was she cute!


I can always count on my Buddy to eat my blueberry pie. Amanda tried blueberry pie for the first time tonight- she didn' t like it. I am still kind of sad about that.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, again!! Thanks! Yum! Yum! Did you go to Russel's on Frost Rd. The place that has thousand's of used books for sale? I bet your neighbor had herself a good ol' time with the kids!!
Just got a call from Chris. They are stopping near Knoxville, TN for the night - reeeealy tired! Thanks for praying! Start again tomorrow.

Kara said...

I'm on it Cath

Kara said...

And yes we went to Russel's, but no time to look at books today. :(

Jenny LaBo said...

Kara those berries look wonderful. Maybe you should freeze some for December. :)
Rachel is so cute in that dress. She looks really tall! I just want to squeeze Abby's cheeks.

Pam said...

I can't believe Amanda doesn't like blueberry pie. Is she American? he he he he

Looks like a ton of fun, can't wait to go myself!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure If I'm technically supposed to be viewing your blog; however, I was on Laurie's site and clicked over to yours. I have to say, I've spent the past 45 minutes or so reading through your site and it is AMAZING! I love your pictures, your children are adorable and your comments are touching. Your family is beautiful Kara and it's wonderful to see/read how much you love them!
Brandi...the cousin from
Minne-SOOO-TAH!

Laurie said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I myself don't really care for blueberries either.

Hi Brandi!! Great to see your comments. :)

TraceyLD said...

I'll take some of that blueberry pie any time you have a piece left over. Blueberry pie is my favorite1

I'm sure I will not look as cute as Adam when he eats it though. Well, then again, I am known to be a messy eater.

I need to take the girls soon. We all love to pick.

Kara said...

Hi Brandi! Of course you are welcome to read the blog, that's what it's there for! THank you for your nice comment, now I can go back to work with a smile on my face (I'm home for lunch right now).

Tracey, I always have blueberries in the freezer, blueberry pie is my favorite, too!

Phil Luter said...

You should sell that picture of the berrys to the farm for ads. It is great. Makes me want to eat some right now. If you ever have any pie left over, you can send it my way.

Anonymous said...

I liked your pie just not the berries. I agree with Adam!

Anonymous said...

I guess I have to get my own blog to leave my name....Amanda
You would be the only one looking at it though.

Josh said...

Was that a "special" blueberry pie or what? Adam looks totally wasted in that last picture.

Kara said...

Amanda- you would have lots of lookers for your blog!
Josh- it was just plain blueberry. I didn't realize his eyes looked like that until I posted it.