Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend Update


My parents came over Saturday afternoon and brought my grandma Boice along. She's one of those snowbirds that spends her winters in Florida, she'll be leaving in a week. When I was little I used to love going to her house and playing in her huge closet, she had more shoes in there than in the clothing store she owned. Nice red high heels... I wonder if they would fit me now?


"Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..." Jenny and Barb used to sing that all the time. What movie is that from?


Abby is spending a lot of time on her feet these days. She'll be 11 months old on the 17th. Her new favorite thing to do is climb onto the kitchen table. I keep all the chairs pushed in trying to thwart her, but it doesn't always work.

9 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

White Christmas
Look at how tall she stands!!!

Laurie said...

I love the one of the girls, and Abby's little brown outfit, very cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elenore looks so good. Why no pics of Mom and Steve?

I enjoy your sight immensely.
I told Nea she had to get with it and learn to blog.

Love to you and all of yours.
Aunt Linda

Kara said...

Jenny, thank you. I know it's a Christmas movie, but for some reason I can never think of which one!

Laurie- I knew you'd like that outfit!

Aunt Linda!!! I'm glad you checked out my blog- Linnea should definitely get one! It took me a while to get it all figured out, but all my friends with blogs helped me out when I'd get stuck with something.

Pam said...

Remember when we made Chris watch White Christmas with us??
I still love that movie, and the memories that go with it.
Your kids are super cute as always.

Anonymous said...

Kara,
I love Abby's little orange nose!! How sweet she is - and walking! Rachel always has the best smile. And...your grandma is so young looking - the warmth sounds good. How long has she been going to Florida? And, is this the first time she has been at your house?

Kelly Glupker said...

I cannot even believe Abby is walking already!

Kara said...

Cathy, my grandma has been to my house a couple times before. And I'm trying to remember how long she's been going to Florida- about 10 years. Grandpa died right after Casey and I got engaged, but grandma is very young at heart, and she travels wherever her girlfriends will drive her. Her eyesight is pretty bad, and she has scleraderma, which mostly affects her hands and feet, but nothing slows her down!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until next weekend when I get to see them. Abby is getting so big so fast where does the time go?? I also love the brown outfit Abby is in.

Sarah J.