Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Birthday

Some really great things have happened today.

1. I turned 34! Not that it's a great number, but hey- it's not 50!

2. I had a Subway sub after church. The bread was very soft, and there was a sufficient amount of lettuce on it.

3. I got gift certs to Barnes and Noble! Thank you Amanda and anonymous card giver from church! (How cool is that?!)

4. Rachel cuddled with me tonight. Awwwwwww.

5. I put Anna to bed and she did NOT cry herself to sleep. FOR THE SECOND NIGHT IN A ROW! It helps that she sucks on her fingers now.

6. I have one piece of pie left to eat. Good night everyone!

10 comments:

Pam said...

I'm so glad your day was great. That's the way birthday's should be.
You're right 34 isn't bad. That's the age I was when Evan came. See? Good age!

Laura Wells said...

Happy late birthday. And Anna is making prgress. Yea!

Amanda Irene said...

Aww I am so glad your b-day was great!!

I should have just taken credit of the anonymos card. heh hehe

Rachel said...

Hey, (late) Happy Birthday!

You share a birthday with my husband. He turned 32 yesterday. :)

Jackie said...

Subway, Barnes and Noble, no crying, pie and snuggles - sounds like the perfect birthday!

The Talberts said...

Happy Birthday!!

Phil Luter said...

Happy Birthday! What's so bad about 50?

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Kara
~Cathy

Kara said...

Thanks everyone!
Oh dear. Phil, with you being off in the tropics I thought I was safe to write that. :) Are you back in town already?

Anonymous said...

Kara,
We are not back yet - but soon. Please pray for Phil. He is sick tonight and tomorrow night we get on the plane to head back to our wonderful family. We took our computer with us so we could keep in touch with our kids. We've had a great time though! Love this island. ~Cathy