Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Up North


We spent a rainy Saturday on Mackinac Island sans kids! My wonderful in-laws watched the kids so off we went.


Here is the awesome tandem that we rode around the island. We probably didn't look as cool as Phil and Cathy, but it had to be close.

Amanda probably took all the same flower pics when she was there.


They were scratching each other's backs!


We checked out the light house in Mackinaw City. Not really worth 6 bucks a person, but I got a couple cute pics. :)


After seeing Jackie's blog about the little train in Fairview, we decided it was worth checking out on the way home. Everyone but Tommy liked it (typical), so I'd say it was a success.


Thomas doesn't like loud noises.

Still covering his ears...

8 comments:

Liz K said...

wait a minute! You were that close and you didn't come by? Seriously, you were like 5 minutes from Camp! Next time stop! Isn't that train the cutest? We went in October when I was so very pregnant and they do the color tour. Oh,and I have never been to Mackinaw before and we get to go in a couple of weeks!

Pam said...

I'm so glad you guys had a weekend away! I can't remember you ever telling me about a time Casey took off work...he deserves a bit of time off. He works hard.
You two are the cutest couple. Missed you at church, but wasn't sad. I was glad you were having a good time :)

Kara said...

Liz! You need to plan a trip to the island! It's the Michigan thing to do.
Pam, this is the first time that I can remember Casey taking a weekend off! He usually has to save his vacation days for when new babies arrive, but not this year. :)

Anonymous said...

Kara,
Casey is touching your stomach like he did when you were pregnant before!!!! I've been thinking of this ever since looking at that picture at lunch time today, so I am just going to say it! There!! Maybe you ARE going to have a baby next year?? Am I right??? Is he trying to tell us?
~Cathy

Kara said...

Oh Cathy, I hope not. But my track record isn't so hot in that area, so I would never say for sure no!

The Talberts said...

I was going to say the same thing that Cathy said - Casey has spent many years posing for pictures with a pregnant wife, apparently. If you weren't so darned skinny, I would accuse you of another pregnancy. How is it possible that you've had five children and look so terrific?

Laura Wells said...

I am so glad you got time with just the two of you. That's awesome.

Jackie said...

Glad most of the kids liked the train ride. We thought it was pretty cool.