Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What's Blooming


Adam is pointing at the first Japanese anemone to pop out. This means fall is soooo close. My shoulders just slumped as I typed that.



Tommy poses by another 'Kelvin Floodlight' dahlia. For obvious reasons this has been our favorite bloom all summer- even Tommy's judging by his smile.


Here Rachel sports her current favorite piece of clothing (the hat).

I waited forever for my white phlox 'David' to bloom. Always worth the wait. The purple one has been blooming forever.

4 comments:

krissy said...

Your flowers are so beautiful!! Could you come down and tend my garden? :-)

Amanda Irene said...

The day you posted this I went to walmart and I saw a sedum I don't have! I wanted it sooo badly. It had larger flowers on it and they were hot pink. I was hoping it might become half dead and then you would buy it and give me a cutting. : )
your sedum is so pretty! I'm bummed my beloved buds are about to die back into the ground and all I will havve to look at is dirt! I think I am going to cut everything to the ground this fall. Usually I leave it up for "winter interest". Its so slimmey come spring.

Amanda Irene said...

walmart also had those dark dark red ones unlike the green leafed ones.

Phil Luter said...

I thought your flowers were your friends, not your anemones.