Monday, August 31, 2009

Work

I work at a dentist office. And to me it's the best job on earth. I just wanted to share my favorite moment (#1) from today. But I added 2 more so I could make a list. I like lists.

1. My favorite patient today (87 and most of her teeth) asked me, "Do you want to know what my secret is for a long life?" I nodded eagerly. She continued, " I never drank. I never smoked. **long pause** And I never danced, either."

2. Apparently people think it's OK to text while getting their teeth cleaned. Man I hate setting people straight.

3. I still know if you're lying to me about flossing. Don't even try it.

12 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Well, if by not dancing she also means that all forms of exercise will shorten your life span, I should live a very, very long life.

Jenny said...

I laughed at your post and then I laughed again at Kelly.

Pam said...

Same here! You are funny!

Kara said...

Oh you girls all make me laugh!
Kelly, here's to long life, maybe we can have rooms next to each other at "the home".

Amanda Irene said...

boogey woogey is what I say!

The Talberts said...

ha. funny. and darn it! you know when people don't floss?! this is like my week for bubble bursting. a cop friend of mine informed me that he knows that people call cops pigs. and he knows that people flash each other to warn about speeding traps. and now this. it's like there are no secrets.

Phil Luter said...

Great! I don't smoke or drink and anyone who knows me knows I can't dance - and of course I am already an old guy. I heard flossing is not necessary if you use kerosene for mouth wash.

Rachael Neal said...

do floss sticks counts?

Laurie said...

Dean would so do number 2, and I won't lie, I'm not a good flosser, but I'm strait up with my hygienist. :)

Kara said...

Melissa, thanks for busting my bubble, too.

Rachael, I'm totally down with any sort of interproximal care. Floss is not the end-all-be-all of hygiene. I like the picks because they are handy for people to use even while you are driving or watching tv!

Laurie, you are one of the most honest people I know. :)

Phil. Phil, Phil, Phil. I wonder if kerosene causes black hairy tongue like hydrogen peroxide does. You'd better be careful!

Jackie said...

Texting while getting teeth cleaned?!?! What the heck could be so important?

Kara said...

Jackie, it was about his steer.
I just looked at him.
He said, "You know, a steer is a cow..."
I said, "I KNOW WHAT A STEER IS! I'm from the thumb"