Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's done!




My little bitty quilt is finally done! We stayed home from church tonight because I didn't want to be out in the dark in freezing rain- I must be getting old. So I finished this tonight, I even gave my best effort at mitered corners which they talk about in the quilting books. Joy M. will be so impressed, she said she would come to my house and help me if I needed her too. I love our church fam.


I thought this was cute of Adam and Rachel. They were helping me this afternoon put together the fake tree. It's up, but no decorations yet. I was uninspired to do that. Maybe Casey will do that while I'm at work tomorrow...

7 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

Kara,
That is beautiful!!!!!
I can hardly wait to see it!

Jenny LaBo said...

In person I mean :)

Laurie said...

It's so pretty Kara, great job!

Pam said...

It looks great Kara!! You did an awesome job.
That is a fun pic of the two kids, they have such great smiles :)

Phil Luter said...

I don't know how you find the time. Four kids the age of yours seems a little overwheming to me. But you were missed at church. My mom was such a big quilter in the last years of her life. She made a quilt for each of us and I will always treasure it. I have one that my gradmother made over 150 years ago. It is a rag, but I still keep it. She was only 10 years old when she made it and it is a full sized, hand stitched quilt with a twelve point star design. I can't think of any 10 year old that would do such a thing today.

Kara said...

Thanks everybody! I look forward to the days of more time to learn more quilting.

Phil- that is so cool about your grandma's quilt! I wish I had an heirloom like that.

Chris said...

Kara,
Angie and I missed Adam in church on Sunday night! He adds a little excitement to the group, and we missed it.