Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow and Christmas Cookies


I think we got 7 or 8 inches of snow last night/ this morning. We did make it to church, but it was slow going. We are fortunate enough to have great neighbors all around us. Lou lets us use her snow blower, so Casey does her driveway, Judy's, and ours in no time flat!


Since the Christmas program was cancelled tonight, I thought it would be fun to make cookies. Look at the teamwork here! I think they ate their weight in cookie dough tonight.


It took Rachel longer to decorate her special "R" shaped cookie than it did for me to do a whole plate full of cookies. She's such a perfectionist.


Tommy had a good time with the sprinkles.


Abby LOVES cookies. It doesn't matter what kind. She reaches up to the counter and points all the time hoping to get something.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Excellent pictures, Kara. Can't wait to see you and your family in person.

Jenny LaBo said...

I second that!

Laurie said...

Dean shoveled half of our driveway, and we just plow through the rest. They haven't plowed our sub yet either, I have to be in 4 wheel drive to get out. Dean helped pull out a neighbor that got stuck too. I love all the pics of you guys making cookies together, what a nice family fun night.

Pam said...

We got a ton of snow too! Isn't it fun? I'm so glad Dad sold us his old snowblower so we have a clear driveway.
Isn't it fun decorating cookies? We did ours Friday, and it's funny because James wonders why they weren't hungry for dinner. would you be hungry after 2 pounds of frosting??

Phil Luter said...

I had so much fun blowing snow out of my driveway and the neighbor's that I went over to the church and did a little more today. I bought Pastor Mark's old machine when he moved. That thing is awesome. It goes through a foot of snowplow slush like it was nothing. It was fun to shovel when the kids were home and we made it a family project, but now its much more fun to get it done in a few minutes. It does look pretty. I hope it stays until Christmas.