Saturday, January 19, 2008

We're sick of being sick



Casey and I coughed the night away last night. The boys seemed better today, but now the girls have it, Abby has a constant river running from her nose, and last night she had the barky cough.

Well my dear friend Amanda called me today after getting a whiney complaining email from me. That's right, she feels sorry for me (I think?). She wondered if there was anything she could bring me- I said how about that vaporizer I keep hearing about. So about a half-hour later she pulls in with a brand new vaporizer (I knew she loved me), and just about everything else I needed and didn't think to ask for (did you notice the Dove chocolate bar in the picture?). There was even a box of puffs tissues that I forgot to include in the picture.
There is a bible verse that says there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother... and I think Amanda is one of those friends. Thank you for always being concerned and caring A, you made my day. :)

9 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

That is so nice!!! Way to go AMANDA!
Hope you guys feel better soon :)

Jenny LaBo said...

Casey looks horrible. I just clicked on the picture. Poor thing.

Amanda Irene said...

Oh, I am only to happy to help. I know how I feel with one sick kid or even two but four and you and casey are sick! We had that same thing here, it is stinks. This morning I woke up with a terrible sore throat so this is going to hang on for a while! The vaporizer should work really well at your house b/c you don't have forced air blowing the steam out/around. You'll have to shut their door probably for best results. I hope you are feeling better soon! You gotta go to mops!

Amanda Irene said...

Aww poor casey. At least he got the heating pad to comfort his sore self.

Kara said...

The vaporizer was good until about midnight, but it got way too hot in there, I even tried leaving the door open. Abby was burning up anyway, I'll try again tonight, maybe her fever will be gone by then.

The cough drops worked nicely.

Amanda Irene said...

Aww yeah I can see where it would get hot in there. Hmmm well it will help with the coughing not doubt.

Kelly Glupker said...

What a sweet friend!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

hope your feeling better for mops on tues. ! our house is healthy right now, knock on wood , i have been keeping everything really clean and hoping to not come across any sick people. there sure is alot going around ! abby break her fever ?

Amanda Irene said...

Happy birthday to you by the way. I know a vaporizer is not what you really WANTED but, I will get you some mooshy card too. :)