Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Life with 5


So far adding one more child to the family hasn't been a big deal. They all think Anna is wonderful. Abby doesn't give her much attention, she just goes on with her day as if she isn't there. Thomas always has kisses for the baby, and Rachel's arms are always open for her.


I'm afraid Rachel is really going to miss her baby when school starts.


Here Anna is sporting one of the cute summer outfits from Becky Speer. And last night the Beerys brought over an adorable outfit plus some chocolate chip cookies. I was going to put them in the freezer, but I had to sample them first. :)


Abby and Adam sure enjoyed the cupcakes that Betsy brought over last night, and Rachel inhaled the mashed potatoes- thanks you Betsy! And then Amanda brought over a chocolate cake, oh my. We are so spoiled.


Anna was taking a nice long nap this morning, so I decided to run out for a quick hair cut.


I went in for a trim today... and now I'm missing all my bangs. Ugh.

11 comments:

Betsy said...

Kara - So glad you all liked the dinner. Aaron told Jim all about the tomatoes he picked. That was a definite hit - any time you need a tomato harvester you know who to call! It was so nice to visit with you and get a "baby fix" yesterday. Such a precious jewel!

Talk to you later

Betsy

chris k said...

Glad things are going well for the party of seven!

Amanda Irene said...

hehe e I am just tickled! I wish I could go on. but I gotta get...

Jenny said...

She is beautiful, and I'm so glad everyone seems to be adjusting well!!

Amanda Irene said...

Its weird in the picture with her eyes open she is a mix of rachel and tommy?

You are missing your bangs! It'll grow out in no time! Your still a hotty!!

I was wondering who rachel would miss more you or the baby? :)

no doubt its mom! Can you hardly wait until they start school. I am soooo excited!

Carrie said...

Congratulations, Kara and family!! Sorry I haven't had time to comment till now. Baby Anna is adorable!!! Sounds like you are all adjusting well. What a blessing that friends are helping out with dinners and goodies. :) Get lots of rest and enjoy your precious new little one!

Pam said...

I like the hair! Of course you always look good :)
Thanks for letting me snuggle Anna Sunday. She sure is a sweetie pie. :)

Kara said...

Amanda- I saw a picture of Rachel at 3 months and there is definitely a similarity, only Rachel is blond.
And NO I'm not excited about school starting! OK, there are days that I am, but overall NO!

Pam, you can snuggle anytime!

Jackie said...

So glad things are going well with Anna (I wanted to say "with number 5", but my mom was always saying to my dad "they have names not numbers" - by the way, I'm J3). It is good to know the house is stocked with yummy food and happy, loving kids!

TraceyLD said...

Looks like everyone is doing well. All that yummy food sounds great.
Anna is so adorable. Cute as can be.
I thought maybe Abby would be really upset to have a baby in the house. Glad she doesn't seem to mind.

Jen said...

I like your hair! :) And it's great that the adjustment has been next to nothing for you guys! :)