Friday, August 1, 2008

Zucchini and Popsicles


I finally scored a couple zucchini from the neighbor lady. If you talk about it long enough you're bound to find somebody giving away zucchini. Of course, I would never enjoy zucchini as a vegetable in and of itself, but if you shred it up and find just the right Taste of Home recipe, you can make something tremendous with it- like a chocolate zucchini roll with cream cheese filling. Oh my, it is pretty tasty. So ha ha on my boys! You ate a vegetable today and didn't even know it!


My mother-in-law LOVES glads. She's going to be so jealous!


Popsicles! I am not a fan at all, but the kids think this is the greatest thing that could possibly happen in their day.

6 comments:

The Speer's said...

In the summer that's all my kids eat if we have them in the house(popsicles that is not zucchini) The kids look like they are really injoying themselves. I also love it when you can trick the kids into eating something good without them knowing.

chris k said...

Popsicles rock! How can you not like popsicles? It's almost un-American.

Kara said...

It's like I can hear the cavities growing as they are sucking on them.

Amanda Irene said...

MMmmm popsickles! Yeah that glad is beautiful!! Deep purple!

Laurie said...

The chocolate zucchini roll sounds yummy! That's how I get my veggies. :)

Pam said...

I LOVE popsicles!! I can't believe you don't like a nice cold popsicle on a hot day.
I too think the zuchinni sounds delicious. Today I'm finally using the zuchinni my mom gave me for some bread.