Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Getaway


We decided to take a little trip to my parents this weekend. I only have a couple more Mondays off from work, so we are making the most of them!
This is what we do in Deckerville- loaf around in the hammock.



The biggest reason for our trip- meeting my new niece Rebecca! She was born the day after Anna was. :) What a cute little peanut she is.


Steven lives really close to the lake, so after our visit with them we ran down to the beach for a few minutes. We were about blown to bits by the wind so we didn't stay long.

We also saw both my grandmas on our trip and even stopped at Dairy Queen on the way back home. What a way to end the day. I had more pictures to post, but I'm having trouble uploading. Maybe next time.
Next weekend's fun is a trip to Casey's parents in Cheboygan... stay tuned for more pictures!

12 comments:

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

nothing like road trips before our summer ends :(
i am not ready for school to start, we have had a full fun summer !!!! we are actually leaving for Pennsylvania on thursday a.m.
looks like you had a great time and so awesome you and your brother have girls so close in age :) have fun this coming weekend.

chris k said...

Weekend trips make the summer more glorious. Enjoy your next mini-vacation!

The Talberts said...

well aren't you brave?! taking trips so soon! looks fun!

Amanda Irene said...

I did have a small fit on sunday when you weren't there. But someone said you might have gone to deckerville. It just felt empty (our row). :)

Kara said...

Amanda- I felt bad that I didn't tell anyone we were going! We just kind of up and went. Our row will be full again next week.
Back home we pretty much fill half the church- it's quiet small.

TraceyLD said...

The cousin girls are going to have fun growing up together.
I can see the Boice in Steve. You do look related.
I missed you guys on Sunday too but was happy to hear you were away visiting and not home with a sick family.

Laurie said...

I'm glad you posted a picture of Rebecca, she's such a little cutie. I think I need to come and visit one more time this week before I go back to work.

Kelly Glupker said...

When is your weekend to Louisville?

Jenny LaBo said...

so cute!!!!
You guys look great!

Pam said...

Your little niece is adorable. They are going to have so much fun those two cousins. Aren't the twins close to one of your boys age too?
You look like you had a nice relaxing weekend.

Kara said...

Laurie- yes you need to stop over before you go back to work!

Kelly- As much as I'd love to come visit, it's probably not going to happen any time soon. But thanks for making me feel wanted!

Pam- yes, Luke and Logan will be 5 in October, and Adam was 5 in May. They all get along really good. They have another cousin named Rachel that is the same age as our Rachel. Our Rachel is known as "Big Rachel". :)

amber said...

Looks like fun! The cousins are so cute together!