Friday, October 24, 2008

Field Trip!


Yesterday I went on my first field trip as a parent! We went to Johnson's Pumpkin Farm. It was a cool sunny day, and the kids had a ball. So did Betsy and I. :) There were goats to pet, donuts to eat and pumpkins to pick. The kids learned about how they grow the pumpkins on the farm. They even sat in a teepee and learned about Indian life in the area long ago. That was Rachel's favorite part. The above photo was a really cute flamingo made of dried gourds. I wish I was that crafty.
I say that because I am sitting here working on my pilgrim hat that I've ripped apart and had to resew about four times today.

Cute pumpkins!


Hugging her pumpkin she picked from the pumpkin patch

4 comments:

Laura Wells said...

Love the picture of Rachel and her pumpkin! I am so glad you got to go n your first field trip. The first of many I hope. Are you going to be a pilgrim tonight? See you then.

Kara said...

Yes, I will be a pilgrim! See you!

Pam said...

How fun!! I'm so glad you had a good time. Being the mom at a field trip is the best isn't it?
That IS a cute picture of Rachel. So proud of her little pumpkin.

krissy said...

I LOVE a good trip (or five) to pumpkin farms!! Looks like fun. :-)