Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Slump

I don't have anything exciting to blog about. Today I had a consultation with the surgeon for my hernias. I am scheduled for surgery on November 5. My mom came over today to watch the kids so I could go to my appointment, then we cranked out some applesauce when I got back. I was going to take a picture of the applesauce, but the kids were getting a little out of control, so I had to get it into the freezer before it was all over the place. Nothing like fresh warm applesauce. Casey will gag if he reads this.

5 comments:

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

yum homemade applesause :)

will your surgery be out patient ?
i am sure you will be happy when thats over.

Kara said...

Steph, surgery is outpatient. Scheduled for 8am, I should be discharged around noon.

Jackie said...

I love applesauce too!

I didn't know you had to have surgery. I'll be praying for you!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

thats good !
so is the surgery you were saying isnt real easy or painless ?put date on my caledar , will be praying !

Kara said...

Thanks, Steph. Recovery is no fun, I was surprised by how awful it was last time! THe dr. said the belly button won't be a problem, it's the groin one that is so painful because they have to cut through so many layers of muscle to get to it... I'll just be glad when it's over.