Wednesday, September 26, 2007

How Many does it take to change a light bulb? (I'm stealing from other blogs again)

Charismatics: 1. Both hands are already in the air.

Pentecostals: 10. One to change the bulb, and nine to pray against the spirit of darkness.

Presbyterians: 0. Lights go on and off at predestined times.

Roman Catholic: 0. Candles only.

Baptists: 15. One to change the light bulb, and three committees to approve the change and decide who brings the potato salad and chicken.

Episcopalians: 3. One to call the electrician, one to mix the drinks and one to talk about how much better the old one was.

Mormons: 5. One man to change the bulb, and four wives to tell him how to do it.

Unitarians: n/a. They choose not the make a statement either in favour of or against the need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that light bulbs work for you, you are invited to write a poem or compose a modern dance about light bulbs for the next Sunday service, in which they will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including incandescent, fluorescent, 3-way, long-life and tinted, all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence.

Methodists: n/a. Whether your light is bright, dull, or completely out, you are loved. You can be a light bulb, turnip bulb, or tulip bulb. Bring a bulb of your choice to the lighting service and a covered dish to pass and share.

Nazarenes: 6. One woman to replace the bulb while five men review church lighting policy.

Lutherans: 0. Change is not possible.

Amish: 0. What's a light bulb?

10 comments:

Amanda Irene said...

I was raised Lutheran!!!

Kara said...

OK, so they're not all true, but the running joke with baptists is the potlucks, so that's why I thought this was funny.

Amanda Irene said...

They are all pretty funny and thoughtful. MMmmm potlucks.
:)

Amanda Irene said...

I must like you...my blog colors are the same??!!

Kara said...

So if I change mine are you going to change yours???

Anonymous said...

I have to say that this came to mind last night at our church's annual meeting (Baptist) and hearing all the different committees give their reports and going over the budget - it made me giggle....and once I get the giggles at a serious time, it's hard for me to stop. Brian kept trying to help me stop, but it didn't work! Oh well. =)

Kelly Glupker said...

Funny! Where did you get this?

Amanda Irene said...

I am not a stalker...really. I just mean we like some of the same things!

Anonymous said...

Can I be a turnip bulb?? The Methodists said that I could be...

Sarah

Bob Longman said...

Wie sind nicht verandern!

(or something like that)

Just so long as the bulb is an energy-saving fluorescent.

It takes 7 of those who are into end-times stuff. (7 being a sacred number.) They'll stand there and think of what the old bulb's going out has to do with the second coming of Christ. (Everything's a portent.)

Bob at spirithome.com