Wednesday, March 19, 2008

God is so Good



There are many many things I am thankful for this week... this will just be a short list.

1. I am thankful that my husband is very helpful around the house. When he is home he can vacuum and brush teeth with the best of them.

2. I am thankful that Rachel is on spring break next week. We are excited to make a quick trip to Deckerville to visit grandma and grandpa and my brother's family.

3. I am thankful that we are all healthy right now. We've had everything from strep to common colds, and Adam's kidneys are still working just fine.

4. I am thankful for all my friends. They have all sorts of gifts that they share with me, from their sense of humor to their generosity, to their words of advice. I need you all.

5. I am thankful that Evan is finally here, and that Pam is doing great.

6. I am thankful for our own little baby that is on the way. Casey felt the baby move for the first time Monday night, he is just as giddy as I am about the whole thing. :)

7. I am thankful for our families. All the grandparents are just crazy about the kids, and if we ever need anything they are here. It ranges from farm fresh eggs from Casey's fam to flashlights for the kids from my parents... they are the best!

8. And last but not least, I am thankful that Easter is almost here. Christ died for me, I don't know why he would, but he did and I am VERY thankful for that!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara,
That is a great list! I, too, am glad your family is well again. I meant to see you on Sunday, but was too busy getting people their CD's etc. I hope you have a wonderful time at your parent's house this week.
I am so enjoying little Evan! That feel of a new baby, ah... there is nothing quite like it. Oh so precious. Phil & I were talking the other day about when you would leave Rachel with us - that didn't seem that long ago. Guess we'll soon be on call again -keeping our cell phones with us everywhere we go. We're looking forward to it.
~Cathy

Jenny LaBo said...

Kara,
That was wonderful! Thank you for your list. It reminds me of all my blessings to count :)

amber said...

This made me thankful just reading your list...off to make mine!

Amanda Irene said...

Aww thats wonderful! And I agree! Its not even thanksgiving.
Yes I have to make a list. I haven't blogged in so long.

chris k said...

It is always good to have a reminder to be thankful for all the things and people brought into our lives for special reasons. We all have a lot to be thankful for...especially that Christ would die such a painful death on the cross so that my relationship could be restored. What a blessing! Hoppy Easter everyone and I will send warm thoughts your way. :)

Kelly Glupker said...

Great reminders!

Kara said...

Cathy, thank you for that reassurance that you and Phil will be on call again... it really does put my mind at east to know that! Laurie will soon have her own little one to take care of and won't be able to run over at the drop of a hat. I am glad that it will be summer and I won't have to worry about getting Adam and Rachel off to school yet!

Laurie said...

Kara, you can still call me. :) I would just bring baby with me or leave her home with daddy. You won't even have to worry about me being at work.

Oh, since you're my back up coach, you're on call April 7-19. Dean goes to NC for training. Hopefully nothing will happen that early though. I should probably have someone else too, just in case Casey's not home to watch the kids.

Kara said...

Laurie, I'm here for YOU! We can just dump the kids off with... somebody!

Pam said...

Great list! So many simple reminders of how God blesses us every day. Abudantly! Thank you for sharing and making me think a little outside of the Evan box.