Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Visit to Grandma and Grandpa's House


Here is Abby displaying her new smile.


There it is again.


me and my girls


Here we are getting ready for bed, talk about a three-ring circus.


This is a big step for Tommy, he's sharing his blankie- even if it is with the cat.


I took the 3 oldest kids out to visit my brother and his family. They love playing with the twins and can't wait until it's summer so they can play in the gigantic sand box again.
My sis-in-law Jen is doing great, our due dates are only a week apart. They find out what they are having the day before we do. :)


Rachel and Adam like to explore around the barn. The only thing we found this time was mud.


If there is a tree she will climb it.


This picture is for Jenny, she has a fondness for gas tanks.

9 comments:

chris k said...

Kara...Do you actually buy toys? It looks like you could just let them play with everyday items. :)
I also read yesterday's post and poor Tommy. It looks like you had a great time...Did you get to relax?

Kara said...

Yes, I relaxed. I laid on the couch while my mom made dinner and the kids played with old vitamin bottles... good times, good times.

Chris, are you back from your trip? I guess I'll check your blog next!

Pam said...

That smile of Abby's is a crack up!
I love being at my parents. The kids play endlessly with my dad and the piano, and I get to take it easier than normal too :) Glad you had a grat time!

Anonymous said...

Love Abby's new smile - wonder if she will smile like that at church or is it too early?

Looking at those pictures of your kids at the grandparents causes me to remember being at my grandparent's homes, climbing the old cherry tree, walking through the garden, sneaking into grandpa's workshop behind the old scary garage (it is still standing to this day on Gratiot in Shields!), getting into the cookie drawer and always finding cookies, playing dress-up with grandma's dresses, hats, & purses - Oh...what a grand childhood I had with my grandparents!
Welcome back!
~Cathy

Jackie said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I love exploring outside. All kinds of fun stuff to get into. It reminds me of (the fun parts of) my childhood - we had a lot of land.

Kara said...

Cathy, your comment made me think of being at my grandma's. My cousin and I would play restaurant upstairs, and we'd put water in these little play pots and pans (that were metal) and weeks later we'd have rust water... that was our soup. :)

Jenny LaBo said...

I love that Tommy is gazing so lovingly at the cat! So funny! I liked the propane picture. My tannest summer ever.

Jenny LaBo said...

Do you think it would be wierd if I asked to get my picture taken by that barn the next time we are in MI? It looks like a Country Magazine picture.

Heather said...

I love looking at your pictures, your kids are so cute and you always have cute pictures. I love Abby's smile...is that from you or Casey?