Thursday, March 20, 2008

So Good

My Beef Stroganoff has been very lackluster lately, so I cracked open my Taste of Home cookbook (2001) and found this recipe for Beef Tenderloin Stroganoff. Of course, I can't afford meat that's $20/pound, so I used a pound of beef sirloin instead. I made it last night, and everyone liked it!

Beef Tenderloin Stroganoff

1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
2 TBS all-purpose flour
2 TBS butter
2 TBS olive or veg. oil (I forgot this, I don't think it needed any more grease, though)
1 1/2 cups beef broth ( I added an extra 1/2 cup water with it)
1/4 cup sour cream
2 TBS tomato paste
1/2 tsp. paprika
salt to taste
Hot cooked noodles

In shallow bowl or resealable bag plastic bag, toss beef in flour. In a large skillet, brown beef in butter and oil. Gradually stir in broth. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, tomato paste, paprika, and salt. Bring beef mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; slowly stir in sour cream mixture (do not boil). Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve over noodles. Yield 4-6 servings.

5 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

That sounds good!

Jackie said...

I love Taste of Homes. I have their 2002 cook book and have never had a bad recipe yet! We should trade.

Kara said...

Jackie, that sounds fun! I have many pages that are falling out of mine, Adam likes to read it in his spare time. :)

undergroundcrowds said...

I've wanted a recipe for that, thanks!

Amanda Irene said...

Thats fancy. I use one can of tom soup, onion soup/dip power, ground beef, beef broth, water, sour cream, maybe some flour to thicken it. I made it tonight, quick as a wink! Thanks for the reminder its sooo good! I just got my next issue of ToH. Love it!!!