Monday, March 3, 2008

Our Weekend


Here's my daughter discovering she can read some pages out of books, kindergarten is amazing nowadays.


Thomas is still healthy as a horse! I came home from work early today ( everybody in this town is sick, no teeth to clean) and Tommy and Adam gave me a great big hug and said, "Don't leave again!" I am SOOOOO thankful I don't have to work full time. One day/week is perfect for right now.


Sunday morning I stayed home with the sick kids. Abby looks SO much better today, the rash is almost gone!


Here Rachel is helping Abby wash her hands. I love this picture.


Sunday night, the kids are in bed, it's time for a game of Blokus! I think he won again.


Rachel split her chin open Sun morn on the church's gym floor. I just took this pic a minute ago, I think it's going to heal all right.

14 comments:

Jenny LaBo said...

She's reading?! Wow. How did she fall? I love the picture of her and Abby! So cute!
We really need to chat!!!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

isnt it fun to hear them read !

The Johnston's said...

So is everyone getting better over there??? If they are still sick this coming weekend I will keep Liam over at Laurie's.
Your kids are so smart. It doesn't suprize me that she is reading already.

Pam said...

Rachel is one smart cookie! I can't wait to hear her read. She really is growing up quick.
I love the pic of her and Abby too :)
So Blokus...I have never played but I think now we might have to check it out.

The Speer's said...

Your kids are so darn cute. I got another hat done for you.

Jackie said...

How exciting that she is into reading.

I love the picture of Tommy - what a cutie.

Not many kids can say "I got this cut at church". I like it that you take pictures of their wounds. It makes me laugh.

Kara said...

Sarah, everyone seems healthy right now, Rachel is starting a cough, hopefully nothing more.

Yes, we highly recommend Blokus. I rented a movie yesterday and Casey looked at me and said, "I'd rather play Blokus..." :)

Jackie, don't you take pictures of bad wounds??? I can't be the only person that does this!

Phil Luter said...

Kids never need mom like they do when hurt or sick (nearly all the time in a large family.) It's interesting that even Jesus, in his final hours on the cross, in his agony and pain, thought of his mother.

Kara said...

I forgot to answer Jenny! Rachel just tripped over her own feet I think. She was pulling around one of the infamous scooters and all of a sudden she was laying on the floor. (That's Casey's recollection)

Kelly Glupker said...

Great pictures! The one of Rachel helping Abby is sweet. I also like the one of you and Casey. You're so cute.

Amanda Irene said...

I like tommy hair cut. I love a fresh hair sut....speaking of which...yours is getting long. :)

undergroundcrowds said...

what are you waiting for? go out and rent ratatouille? you won't regret it, in fact, you'll probably buy it.

Laurie said...

Good job on reading Rachel. I'm not surprised...her first word was 'book'.

Kara, I'll bring Ratatouille for you to borrow this weekend. :)

Amanda Irene said...

I call dibs on the rat next!