Saturday, June 7, 2008

10 Complaints About Pregnancy

Kate, this one's for you...

Just a few complaints about pregnancy at this point:

1. I would like to go a half an hour without having to go to the bathroom.

2. The baby is really low... again. For delivery purposes this is great, for the last 2-3 months of pregnancy- not so great.

3. I am tired. The thought of peeling myself off the couch sometimes makes me scowl.

4. Varicose veins that I've never seen before- Ewwwwww.

5. I really don't like how my hernia burns when I get up in the morning, like my guts are popping out to say, "Hello!"

6. I dream about a house with central air... ahhhhhh. How did women wearing layers of petticoats do this????

7. I can down a package of chocolate chips in 2 days. And they aren't cheap.

8. It is summer and I need to shave my legs. Amanda is the kind of friend that would actually come over and do this for me, but I like to be self-sufficient.

9. I would like to frolic in the yard with the children and maybe add on to the new flower garden, but the words of my doctor sometimes echo in my ears. He told me to not lift anything heavier than a salt shaker. Ummmm, yeah right- I have 4 children ages 6 and under, this is basically impossible. However I really impressed him with my last pregnancy of holding on til 38 weeks, he would like to see that again. Me too!

10. When people say, "Five kids! Are you CRAZY?!!? How are you going to pay for college?" Seriously, I get that a lot.

18 comments:

Phil Luter said...

People are gifted for certain things. I believe you are gifted to be a mom. Jacob had 12 sons plus daughters. You are not even half way yet. Oh yeah, I forgot, He had more than one wife. That is a really bad idea. My mother had six. I was number four.

Kara said...

Phil, that is so funny you mention Jacob, because I was just reading that last night. I can't imagine sharing a husband with my sister. OK, so I don't have a sister, but you get my point!
Thanks for the encouragement, six is a nice round number.

amber said...

Very funny! After reading this and being reminded of the "joys" of pregnancy, I'm not sure I want to catch up with you in the kid department! But then again...who knows!

The Speer's said...

You are a great mom. 6 is a good number.

Kara said...

Amber, I picture you with a couple more. At least. :)

Becky, thank you!

Jackie said...

I agree the veins and shaving the legs. Hope this hot weather sn't making you too uncomfortable.

Jen said...

Amber...I agree with Kara! LOL...

Kara - Here's to hoping that the next couple of months are a lot better than the past couple of days. The heat has to be ridiculous! My sister has central air and she's still dying...but I guess it doesn't help when she has a two year old crawling all over her! Wishing you the best couple months possible!

Pam said...

Kara, you were made to be a mom! You obviously love it. I was into jelly beans, not the chocolate chips. I can say I haven't eaten one since Evan.
I love your babies like I was family. Hang in there, I doubt you'll go 40 weeks :)AND you can always pull that lawn chair out and sit under the sprinkler.

Kim said...

Funny post... but as I read your pregnancy complaints, another one came to mind. How about the thoughtless individuals that feel the need to say, "You are huge! Are you having twins?" or "You must be ready to pop any day" when really you're not due for 10 weeks. Shouldn't we tell these people these are not compliments to a pregnant woman who is already miserable?!

Amanda Irene said...

I would shave your legs your right. I would have offered already but I thought it would be to forward. I figured you knew that already any.

My biggest complaint was rolling over in bed at 9months. Oh, uggg.

Josh said...

For what it's worth, my parents paid almost nothing toward my college education(s) (all 3 of them), and so far I'm doing okay. Why do people assume nowadays that it's the parents' job to pay for their kids' college anyway?

Laurie said...

Kara, I could relate to most of those, and I also agree with Amanda with rolling over in bed. You can come over anytime and sit in our A/C and eat chocolate chips. :)

Kentucky Kate said...

Solidarity sister! I was beginning to think that maybe by the time you were in your fifth pregnancy, you just didn't notice it anymore. I'm glad to know you are human too :) I still am thinking you may have some superpowers though. I only went 34 weeks with my first, and I highly recommend it if the baby is healthy. Of course, I was expecting the same for #2 and went the full 40 weeks, plus 3 days.

The Talberts said...

I love when doctors tell women with other children not to lift things. Very silly.

Also .. I like to save up my leg hair for one big "grand shaving day adventure" (with Ben's help) the day before my c-sections. While I know it probably grosses Ben out, it's okay because I can't really see down that far anyway.

Kara said...

I love you guys! All of you!

Jenny said...

I think the people whose first thought when they hear how many kids you have (or how many we want) is "how are you going to pay for college" are crazy, but what do I know?

and, I have a good source for cheap chocolate chips...

Kelly Glupker said...

The next time someone asks you how you plan to pay for college, just say, "Our hope is that none of our children will go to college." Their reaction will humor you, I'm sure.

Jenny LaBo said...

You can tell them about the FAFSA. Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Then give them my card.
:)